Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Almost, but not quite that dumb!

So, I went to Wal-Mart today. No matter what I go there for, I always have to check out the clearance clothing items. It's kind of an addiction. Anyway, I see the clearance rack is full of snow suits! Now, I'm not positive that we will see much snow on the Eastern Shore in Maryland, but we will definitely be close to snow and the fun activities that can be enjoyed in the snow. So, I start getting sizes for next year. I decided to check out the price and get excited about my savings. They are 'down' to $47. I start to wonder if that's much of a deal. I mean, seriously. How much could they be regular price if they are clearanced to $47. Well, I rip of the sticker they placed over the original price and guess what?!? Woo hoo! They are discounted a whopping $0! Yes, you read that correctly. Under the $47 sticker were the numbers $47! I couldn't believe it! I almost left my cart right there, full of stuff, and walked out. But, I really wanted the stuff I had in my cart. I kinda needed it too. And the way my kids were acting, I wasn't about to start all over again at another store. So, I did what any self respecting person would do. I started tearing off those little stickers so that people could see the scamming going on! I hope I helped! :)

4 comments:

Bekah said...

LOL that is hilarious and I love that you took the stickers off!

Julie said...

lol, wow! Go Walmart. Thanks for the info...

Rebecca said...

I'm learning that you can't trust the stickers. Too often the big stickers on the shelves are just repeating the same underneath but it works too often. You think that one is on sale. Darn.

Melinda said...

Walmart makes me want to vomit. Isn't it crazy that we still shop there? I went this morning and bought Rachel some really cute silver glitter shoes for $1.00 each. I got sizes 4, 5, and 6. Then I got a red pair for Emily and when the cashier rang it up, the register made some weird noise like it didn't scan and she says, "Sorry, I can't sell these to you." I asked her why and she said, "Because they're recalled or something." I just rolled my eyes and said, "Ok." I'm glad not to have to give them 5 more of my dollars anyway. Good job on exposing their scam! Target has the way better clearances!