Monday, April 23, 2007

I spent the last 2 evenings at the hospital with my family. My mom was able to come home and arrived on Saturday night. That night my uncle Parley gave Grandma a blessing, then we all sang songs and said goodbye. It was bitter-sweet. I'm going to miss my grandma, but I'm so happy for her to lay down this body and to lift her spirit up to heaven. She is such a sweet lady. She told me to choose the right and to stay close to the Lord. She told me I'm beautiful and that she loves me. I asked her to pick me out some more great kids and to watch over us. Then we shared funny grandma stories, because she was very funny! I was overcome with a feeling of gratitude as my Aunt Karen told my grandma, "I've taken care of you for the last 6 years, and I've got your Temple clothes all ready. I'm going to take care of you one last time and you're going to be beautiful!" Well, Grandma passed away this morning around 8 AM with her children surrounding her. They were able to hold her hand and say good-bye as she took her last breath. They said it was beautiful and natural and she was without pain. It was as Grandma would have it, at the dawning of a new day.

0 comments: