Saturday, September 1, 2007

Trae is getting better and better at riding his bike backward! He loves to ride it all day long so I brought it into the house so I wouldn't have to stay outside all day. Today he was riding backward through the hall when I looked up and noticed he was about to go down the stairs! I started screaming and running for him. He tipped the bike with him on it backward, and then he rolled off the bike and down the stairs. The bike was in my way so I jumped over it, knocked it on my way over, and missed the stair afterward. I realized the bike was sliding down the stairs with me and I didn't want it to hit Trae, who by that time was laying at the bottom of the stairs screaming!! I slid in front of the bike and realized that I had better get control or I would run over Trae. This all happened in a matter of seconds, of course. I stopped next to Trae and scooped him up! Walter was right behind me. Walter let me know that I was in the way of his heroic jump over the banister! I got in trouble for my "superman jump!" As soon as Walter took Trae I realized it wasn't as fun as it looked! Trae is fine and wanted to play after a short hug, but I've got a sore ankle and can't walk, a small bruise up the back of my calf, and some rug burns on my hands and arms! I'm starting to understand the recommendation to not ski while pregnant!

I'm reminded of a few weeks ago when our student, Seung Yu, from Korea enjoyed a ride down our stairs! He would always run up and down the stairs! This kid couldn't just walk, always running! Well, he got close to the bottom and decided to jump! The entry way to the basement at the bottom of our stairs is a door frame and the clearance doesn't so much accommodate at 16 year old jumping! Well, he hit his head right on panel before the door frame, fell back on the stairs and began moaning! I didn't get to witness this occasion, but I definitely heard about it! The next day he said he had a headache, I asked why?? He just said there was an incident yesterday with the stairs, he didn't want to talk about it!! hahahahaha

0 comments: