Friday, August 31, 2007

WOW! I don't think I will go back to Costco for a while! It has been a while since I went to Costco and picked up more than milk, eggs and chicken, so I knew I was in for it. By the time we got there it was 10:02 AM, they had been open for 2 minutes and the parking lot was almost full! Trae was asleep so I decided to pull out the stroller for the kids and I knew I needed one of those flats for all my treasures. I had figured out how to hold onto the stroller with my left hand and I connected the stroller and the flat with my right hand. We were doing great...then I ran over my baby toe with the flat! OUCH!! We started getting our things and Winni decided she'd had enough of the stroller and climbed out. She wanted to carry everything for me. She tried really hard, but most things were too heavy. She decided she would carry the 3 pack of mayo. It started to slip and as I stepped in to help her she dropped the pack on the rest of the toes of my foot with the sore baby toe! We are going along getting looks from people. They would stop me and say "I think your baby is falling out the front of the stroller!?" I expressed gratitude for their concern and let them know that he surely wouldn't fall out. After the first 2 people to tell me that I just responded with, "He's fine!" As we are rounding the corner to go to the diapers, my phone rings. Walter is calling to ask me where he left his glasses. I let him know that I do not know and he informs me that he wishes I was better at keeping track of his belongings!! While he is going on asking me questions about our plans for the weekend, I keep interrupting him with a "Winni, please keep your clothes on!" Finally, we end the conversation, but not soon enough. Winni has taken her shirt off because "it's dirty!" She sees some ladies in line at the pharmacy, they say hi to her and she responds with, "I'M NAKED!!" then she runs away. She sees the flowers and lets me know she loves flowers. The florist notices how cute she is and decided to give her a flower. Perfect!! Maybe now she will sit in the stroller and play with her flower. No such luck! She takes off running for the cashiers shouting, "I'm Superman!!" As people looked around to find the mom, they found me just laughing and struggling to pull this overloaded flat while pushing Trae in the stroller and chasing after "superman!" We get to the cashier and she is all smiles and helpful, still shirtless with her pants falling down every few steps. We checkout and as soon as we pay she turns from happy superman, to evil princess. The cashier is pretty shocked at this drastic change and looks at me with a concerned look, I reply "it's naptime!" and we go on our way. Then, all of a sudden I realize I have to get all this and my kids out to the car in one trip, without killing myself or anybody else, all while balancing 5 dozen eggs on top of my flat. And then he steps up, an older, retired gentleman, using a ski pole as a cane. He offers to help me out to my car. Usually my pride gets in the way and I say no, but not this time. I didn't even have to think about it. This wonderful older man just made my day. We load up and head home, for a much needed nap!!

0 comments: