Thursday, August 27, 2009

Warning: POTTY TALK!!

Trae is potty trained...well, mostly! He has been great at staying dry, even during naps. He would wake up from his nap, go potty, and go back to sleep! I mean, seriously! I thought I was in heaven. Then, I realized he wasn't pooping! 2 days into being potty trained he locked himself in his room for a poop session. That was last week! Finally today, after the threat of a cold shower if he did it again, he pooped in the potty! yeah!! So, except for at night, this kid is GOLDEN!

Well, he has been doing so good, but he is always concerned that someone is going to see his 'pee pee.' After a potty session today I noticed he had a little extra bulge down there. I'm pretty sure he is too young to even think about stuffing socks down there, but sure enough, he had shoved toilet paper down there! I asked him why he had done that. He assured me that he had taken it out, but that the reason he did it was because when he goes potty, he has to pull down his shorts and his underwear and somebody might see his pee pee. So, he took matters into his own hands! He sure is creative!

Oh, and I'd totally have pictures for you, but, Trae was using my camera and Grady tried to grab it from him. Causing my camera to go crashing to the ground and doesn't work anymore! sad, sad day! I guess I'll have to lug around the big camera now.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

congrats on the big boy. It is so nice to get to that point and just in time. Maybe he will have nights figured out before the baby comes.

How is your canning going. I've been thinking of you and all the great things you are doing.

Christina said...

Nicely done! What a quick learner! Gotta love those surprises!

Melinda said...

Ok. I'm jealous about the potty training. I'm just not ready for it yet.

And you totally needed a new camera anyway!

Unknown said...

YEAH!! Thinking about potty training Olviia makes me ill!