Wednesday, March 3, 2010

On Oprah!

So, I'm expecting a phone call from Oprah anyday now. I'm pretty sure she wants me on her show. Not in the 'daughter of Wanda Barzee' sort of way. (I realize this woman is on the opposite side of crazy from my parents, but I think it's funny that the 'final straw' of eating your pet bunny happened at my house too!) Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that Oprah isn't going to call because I am crazy, she is going to call because I am BRILLIANT! She is going to call because not many people would call a 3 hour trip to Costco with 4 children a 'success'. She will most likely call because of all of the phone pics that were sent to her yesterday after we were spotted looking like this...



It might not look genius to the naked eye. But, look closer...



You can hear the train whistle, can't you!?! The only thing that would make these pictures any better would be the boxes of size 4 and size 2 diapers we usually have to get. Along with a big 'ol case of wipes. This was a 'small' trip to Costco. If there had been much more, we wouldn't have been able to get it home in the car! Oh, and one other success happened at Costco...3 out of 4 children peed in the potty! Yep, that means Grady, too! woo hoo!!

I think I'm going to open an etsy shop now. All I'm going to make are cute little velcro bands that hook the carts together, for those people who don't have a willing 5 year old. It's hard work holding those carts together. I know...cause she kept telling me!! I paid her in ice cream.

11 comments:

Rebecca said...

You are such a creative problem solver. Way to use the kids and let them feel useful too.

Kayleen said...

That is awesome! You are a pretty smart chick!

Amber said...

That is the COOLEST THING I'VE EVER SEEN!!!! You ROCK!! And Winni too!!

Erin said...

You are the best! I'm impressed and if Oprah doesn't call...shame on her!

April said...

Hilarious! And brilliant! I will never complain about my shopping trips with kids again.

Missy said...

I'd TOTALLY do that for ice cream :). Way to go, innovativista. I'm massively impressed with your ingenuity!

Elise said...

Lol that is awesome amber, way to go! And way to go winni! Success.

Unknown said...

I am the luckiest guy on the planet! How did I get so blessed. This picture brings tears of joy and longing to be home with you.

youreprettytoo said...

I didn;t even need you to point out the genius in the second picture. I spotted immediately in the first. Did you get any interesting comments or stares? Don't worry. They're just jealous!

Melinda said...

Yes, that is brilliant! Why haven't I thought of that?

Unknown said...

Only you would you would come up with that idea!! Good problem solving and way to go winni!!