Tuesday, October 30, 2007

WOW! What a weekend! For the last few weeks all I've been thinking about is Elise and John's wedding. To check out pictures of the wedding go to The Olsen's blog to the right. I really put myself in a scary position, and everybody came through wonderfully!! I told them to use my videographer, my friend's band, and to let me make the cake! As everything was getting ready to begin, I started getting nervous. My friends came through with flying colors! The video turned out great, well, what we've seen so far, and the band was a huge hit! Everybody was commenting on how great Charley was! It was really a fantastic day. And, I don't mean to sound like I think I'm the greatest, but I'm really proud of my cake!



TA DA!!

I started assembling it at the church friday night, and by the time I got to the 3rd and biggest cake, I looked up to find people eating my frosting and I didn't have enough to cover the cake! So, we put it all in the fridge and decided to buy some frosting and put the 3rd cake together on saturday. I got there with my store bought frosting and pulled out my homemade frosting to get to work. What I found was that the fridge had been set to too high of a setting and my frosting was almost frozen. My unfrosted cake had a puddle of ice next to it, freezing it to the box it was on, and oh yeah, the freezer was turned down, so there was water dripping from the freezer to the fridge, right on one of my frosted cakes!! HOLY CRAP! Luckily the flowers were big enough to cover the wet spots! But, in the end it all worked out and the cakes looked great! What a fun day! I think I'd do it all again, even with the mishaps. It was all worth it to see Elise and John so happy, and to dance the night away!!

2 comments:

Julie said...

What a perfect post. To all you reading this...Amber is Truly Amazing. She will make all my kids cakes, and plan all their weddings. Yay!

The Petersons said...

Yes, Amber it looks great. You are awsome. All that with two kids. Did you cry when they cut the cake? I use to because they were destroying my creative thing. Love, Mom