Monday, May 14, 2007

My Randomly Typical Day

My little boy is growing up! While in the child care center at the gym today, Trae decided he doesn't like being with the babies. So, at 10 months old, he joined the 1 yr olds! As we were driving home from the gym this afternoon, Winni said, "Mom, I had a fun day! Did you have a fun day?" I told her that I had had a fun day. We played, we went grocery shopping, we cleaned the house, we made cookies, went for a walk. It had been a pretty fun day! I thought this question was innocent enough, and very thoughtful of her. Little did I know what she had planned for me.....After dinner I put the kids in the tub. Trae doesn't last very long in the tub so I got him out and got his jammies on. We were waiting for Winni to get done playing in the tub when she realized that when she toots it makes bubbles. She thought this was the greatest and she was doing everything she could to keep tooting. Trae and I left the bathroom for one tiny minute and when we came back, yep you guessed, she said, "Ewe Mommy, poopy in my tubby!" And right there in her hot little hand was a little poop. So I told her it was time to get out and I noticed more poop. I thought she knew that toots lead to poop, but I guess this was the place to test that theory! (However, I'm sure glad I didn't take the extra time to scrub down the tub before putting them in it tonight!) Then it was bedtime, and of course she didn't want to go. I finally gave in and let her lay on my bed because I was on the phone with Walter's dad, Walt! (My life is a dang Walter circus!! :) And I love it!) She got out of bed and came to me. She showed me her hands and it turns out she had gotten into my lotion and covered herself....and my bed! She had quite the productive day! I can't wait til tomorrow. We are getting her 2 yr old pictures done! Who cares if her birthday was in January, I'll just put her in some warm clothes for her picture. It's not like she's grown any!!

0 comments: