Monday, December 3, 2007

The weekend after Thanksgiving we had fun putting up Christmas decorations. I decided that this year I would save my sanity and not put out my mother's precious porcelain nativity or anything else that my kids could destroy. We also decided, like last year, that we would put the tree in the port-a-crib so that the ornaments stay on the tree, the tree stays upright, and the gifts stay wrapped. Hopefully it will work as well as it did last year. I "allowed" Walter and the students to decorate the tree and they did a great job. All I had to do was ask them to start over 1 time, when they used only one string of lights for the whole tree. We had a moment of education, and then they went on to do a fantastic job!




Winni got into the holiday spirit and decided she would dress up for this special family tradition.




If only I'd known the new dress code for Christmas decorating was swimsuits and pasty white legs....I could have turned a few heads!




Lastly, Walter got the train out. We decided to do without the train last year since Trae had just become mobile and for some reason we couldn't get the train to work. This year it works great! I only have to superglue it back together every time the kids get a hold of it. But other than that, our holiday decorations, inside, are complete!

3 comments:

Julie said...

I would love to see you pasty whites.

歐陽丹 said...

hey...that exact playpen protected more than one of my trees and all the presents! good to see it carrying on the mission!

we decorate our tree in swimsuits here! ok not really, but we could...but i did put up pictures of our decorating...

winnie is too cute!

Anonymous said...

Did you tie a bird in his hair?