Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Goals...

Have you ever set a goal? I mean, a really big goal? Like, to have a baby! Then, you set a date, say October 28th. Is this the day you'd like to have this baby by? Or after? It is my personal belief, and practice, that this date you set is the goal. I want to make it to the due date, still pregnant. Otherwise I've fallen short...right? I'm sure everyone feels this same way. Who would want to have a baby early? Really? That's just cheating!!

So, for all of you cheaters out there who have never made it to 40 weeks pregnant, let me give you a little tour!

It's so delightful! Your baby keeps getting bigger and bigger and you get closer and closer to 200 lbs. In case you're wondering, that would be a 50 lb weight gain! Another highly attainable goal!



And your pants start to 'make room' for more of you!



But, you've got to look on the bright side. All of your friends who were pregnant along with you, and due after you, who have had their babies are experiencing sitting on ice, sleepless nights, and engorgement. While you are enjoying 3 hour long naps, still being kicked in the exit, and the wonderful onlookers who comment with a 'can't be much longer!' Oh, and I can still eat loads of candy, cause I'm not even thinking about losing weight yet! :)

So, welcome to 40 weeks gestation! Congrats to me! I made it! Now, if I hold out a little longer, I might have an excellent Halloween costume. That is, IF pregnant women are off the hook for the whole modesty thing. If so, Walter has requested that I paint my belly like a jack-o-lantern.




What do you think??

12 comments:

Julie said...

I love it!! You are the funniest person ever and you have the biggest belly. I miss you and I wish I could be with you in the hospital. I am so excited to meet little Phoebe. I think this one is gonna look like me!

Rebecca said...

You are so fun and what a great attitude. I think you look so great you could wait a couple of weeks and aim at Peter's birthday (the 15th) and maybe they will weigh the same. (birth weight I mean).

Erin said...

If only there were more Amber Gunters in the world we would be a lot happier and laugh a heck of a lot more! You're the best!!!! I love the pants!! hahaha

Elise said...

40 weeks??!?! Ya, i don't know what that feels like :). JK, you look great, I can't wait to meet this beautiful little gunter. I think you should make a goal TO HAVE HER ALREADY! Love you!

youreprettytoo said...

I totally thinkyou should paint your belly like jack-o-lantern for Halloween.

Melinda said...

I think that would be AWESOME! Where did that 50 lbs go? You are all belly!

The Petersons said...

keep me posted.

The Peterson 5 said...

I was just telling Julie that I don't know how you can stand going OVER your due date with every baby...she told me to look at your blog! At least your optimistic & keep enjoying those 3 hour naps while you can!!

Missy said...

I'm LOVIN the growing pants! Way to go, Amber! Good luck with this child! :) We're missing you and thinking of you too :)

April said...

How do you gain nearly 50 lbs and NOT have as big of a butt as I can manage with only 28 lbs gained? You better be having a 30 lb baby. If she stays in there much longer she might be close.

And I never looked at them as DUE dates, but 'estimated delivery dates' is what midwives call them... or EDD. I went to almost 42 with Kellan. Soon enough you'll be bloggin' and facebooking all over the mess about a beautiful little girl!

Kristen said...

and you still look oh so cute!!! I'm going to be in Arlington, VA in December...maybe we could come visit?

...that is...if you've had your baby by then :) he he

Alex Bullett said...

Wow. When are you do?