Sunday, October 25, 2009

TMI

Sunday mornings at our house are a little hectic! I have to wake everyone up around 7-7:30 so we can get showered and dressed and fed and off to church by 8:30. However, church doesn't start until 9:30, so we make use of the 40 minute drive by eating cold, dry cereal or waffles. It works pretty well for us. But, in order to get everyone showered/bathed we do 'family showers'. Winni and I get in first, cause we are girls and take longer to get ready, then Walter and the boys shower. Let's just say the only child that likes this is Trae. He tries to get in the shower with Walter every morning, but refuses to get out!! He would stay in there all day if I let him, or at least until the cold water comes! Anyway, this routine works best for us because I prefer morning baths/showers so we don't have bed head to deal with. It also helps get the kids awake and moving. So, why would I share this family tradition with you?? Here goes...

Today in Primary we were talking about love at home and how to increase the love in our home. My counselor was teaching and they went over things like repentance, faith, prayer, forgiveness, respect. One of the topics was family activities. She asked the kids what family activities they enjoyed that brought love and happiness into their home and family. Well, as you can guess, Winni had something to say. Ariane called on her and guess what she shared?!? Yep, taking showers! Ariane helped turn it around a little with a, 'Yeah, we listen to our mom when she says to take a shower. I'm not sure about a shower as a family activity...' I think instead of correcting/explaining myself, I'll just pretend she didn't share that little bit of Gunter Family Life. Instead, I'll share it with all of you. Because, it made for a nice little laugh.

You've been warned! If coming to visit us for the weekend, there will be a family shower. However, it's a private party! We've got another bathroom, if you'd like to have your own family shower! :)

Oh, and today Winni and Trae placed their votes. They'd like for the baby to come AFTER Halloween! So, I guess we'll wait and see how accomadating Miss Gunter decides to be.

6 comments:

Melinda said...

That's so funny!

The Wessman Family said...

Hilarious! I love Primary:)

Christina said...

Out of the mouths of babes! LOL!!!!!

Julie said...

But when you do your family showers....do you ever incorporate Butt Slides....your shower probably isn't big enough for that. We had a lot of fun during family shower time in Taiwan. I think its a great family activity that promotes love and togetherness.

Katrina H. had her baby yesterday. Don't be jealous just go out and run a mile. How is everything?

Erin said...

You just gotta love what those kids choose to share with the world!

My Life, as it goes on! said...

um, yuk!