Friday, November 27, 2009

Black Friday

So, instead of getting up at the awful crack of dawn to save a few bucks, I decided to shop online at midnight instead! Well, it sounded like a good idea. Anyway, I went online before 'go time' and found the things I wanted/needed. Some stores don't start their midnight sale until 12 Central Standard Time, so I had to wait until 1. That was OK and all cause I was hungry anyway...

So, 1 AM hits and I start shopping away. Apparently, so did everyone else! I could not get Kohl's.com to work! It was killing me. Finally, by 3 AM I had all 13 items in my cart. I went to check out and 1 item had sold out. So, I tried to remove it from my cart and it didn't work. I had to keep refreshing the screen, but the site was too overloaded. Finally, at 440 I opened a new window and was able to find my stuff again. However, another thing was sold out. BUMMER! By 5 AM I was even more poor, and tired! So, I finally went to bed. My kids were up by 730 and we were in the car, heading home, by 9. Did I tell you I'm tired today??

Of course we couldn't just drive straight home. First, we stopped for some HORRIBLE breakfast. We decided to go to Burger King so we could be quick, and cause I've always enjoyed their french toast sticks and little cinnamon rolls. Not so much anymore. They were blah!! I'm also a Hot Chocolate lover, so I had to get one. Can I tell you how disappointed I was when they handed me this??



For real?? Did you know Swiss Miss is almost ALWAYS on sale. You can get a box of 10 envelopes for $1. FOR REAL! Oh, and it takes 1 packet/every 6 oz of water. Pretty sure that cup holds more than 6 oz. So, I proceeded to pour out at least 1/2 of the water and MIX MY OWN HOT CHOCOLATE! I'm really not a snob, but really? I paid how much for this? Let's just say McDonald's breakfast and their gourmet hot chocolate are going to put Burger King out of business all by themselves! FOR REAL! Just a tip to BK, had you mixed the hot chocolate for me, with the right ratio of water/powder I wouldn't have known how sad of a hot chocolate I was getting. You know, Hot Chocolate is consumed by more than just 12 and unders, just FYI! I'M STILL HUNGRY! And, I've got a full day of shopping for things I didn't know I needed!

0 comments: