Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Lately...

Grady fought me like crazy when it came time to take a nap. I didn't care to fight with him any more so I let him stay up. Well, mom always wins...eventually!



So, once he was asleep, we decided to do some baking! I found a recipe for homemade pretzels and we decided to have some fun.







They look promising, right? Well, at least until they went into the oven. They came out looking like this...



If you are my husband, then you would liken these to a pile of poo! Thanks hunny! Also, if you are my husband, you quickly learn to not say such things! And to just be grateful I baked something. They pretty much just tasted like a roll. Nothing exciting. If only I knew how to make them crispier on the outside and chewy on the inside, then we'd be in business!

5 comments:

Happilyeverafterx3 said...

To make them chewy on the inside you have to drop them into boiling water before you bake them.

youreprettytoo said...

I am very impressed that you would even attempt to bake anything 3 weeks postpartum. You know when you do things like that then people (aka- husband) think you don't need anymore help!;) Also I am counting down the days until Dec. 23rd. I'm off to make a paper chain...

Kelly T, that's me! said...

Oh! I want to make an Amber paper chain too! I just read your labor story. I love you. I miss you!

Christina said...

MEN!!! :) I say, great job to even try to bake with little kids and a new baby! :) They look beautiful!

Julie said...

I just went through and looked at all your old posts again!! I love Maeli. She is darling. I am so excited to see you on the 23rd!!! We need to start making plans now!