Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Britta be gone...

So, back in the day when Walter and I were 'just friends' he dated another girl! I won't go into too much detail, because I'm really not trying to remind my husband of how lucky he is that I've blocked that out of my memory....

Anyway, her name was Britta. She was a sous chef at The Lion House. She would supply Walter with Lion House rolls, which I totally appreciated! I ate a lot of those! So, I decided that the only way to get rid of her was to make her rolls. Honestly, that was the only reason he liked her...I'm sure! This was 6 1/2 years ago. Since then I have been trying to replace her, via her rolls. While she is long gone, I can finally say so is our need for her rolls. Because our Thanksgiving miracle this year was that I got the rolls right! Woo hoo!!

Here is their beautiful-ness...



And they even look right





The were soooo good! I also made Raspberry Honey Butter to go along with them. Let's just say the first batch of rolls ended up being devoured, so I had to make more. MMmmm MMmmmmm GOOD!! So, we can finally cut our ties to Britta, even though we haven't seen her in 6 years, and enjoy life again. I might even pull out our Britta water filter again. OK, let's be honest! I haven't really had a problem with that one. While it is named Britta, it eats the gross stuff out of the water so I don't have to. Somehow that makes me feel better about myself! :)

And, for the disturbing picture of the day...



Winni 'snuck' down the stairs with this and 'hid' in it so we wouldn't know that she was out of her bed. Hmmmm....kinda funny, kinda not. I put the container back away, in the top of my closet!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Wow....Winni makes me laugh. I needed a disturbing picture of the day. When you started talking about Britta all I could think of was the water filters....funny. Also, can I have both of those recipes....the rolls AND the jam??? Or you could come make them for me this New Years!

youreprettytoo said...

And me!