Friday, March 21, 2008

HAPPY 4TH ANNIVERSARY BABE!!



Yesterday, Walter and I celebrated our anniversary! What a beautiful day it was! Walter stayed home and did homework, so we got the treat of being with him all day! We went out on a date, too! He surprised me by taking my to Joe's Crab Shack. We haven't been there since I was prego with Winni! We had some yummy seafood and then we went shopping. We were having a great time. We decided to go to the movie "Definitely Maybe." It was a cute show, however we sat a little too close for me. It was either bad seafood or motion sickness that set in about 3/4 through the movie. After the movie we hurried to Julie's to get the kids. When Walter and Julie came out with my kids, they found a fowl smelling surprise....ME ralphing in Julie's gutter! FANTASTIC! There I was, after midnight, losing my dinner in someone's gutter! (If only I'd had a camera! That would have been great for the blog!) Too bad the neighbors weren't out to see. I'm sure their reactions would have gone something like this "there go the Smith's having a raging party again! You'd think a Seminary Teacher wouldn't have alcohol at his parties, but this happens all the time!" hahaha OK, not really. At least I'm feeling better today. However, I can't say the same for my boot! It took a vomit bath, so I was gimping it all day in my NIKE SHOX! Now my boot is clean and in working order again, for the next 1 1/2 weeks!! woo hoo!

Getting away from the vomit paragraph, I did want to publicly tell my husband how much I love him! He doesn't check my blog anymore because he thinks all I do is point out his faults, like not bathing the kids for 5 days, but I only do that because he's taken! If I put all his good qualities on the internet, well, I can just imagine the chaos! All joking aside, I love my Walter more than I even know! Some days I just look at him and my love for him grows just because he is doing the dishes, or playing with the kids, or brushing his teeth. I love his hobbies, the way he smiles. I love how he talks at the dinner table, trying to hide the missing tooth! (oh, that could be a post all by itself!) I love it when he goes Southern when he is talking on the phone to his family. I love how smart he is. I can't even scratch the surface when it comes to his studies. I love that he loves life and everything about it. He truly never complains! He takes every opportunity to learn and grow. I love the way he talks to telemarketers. Sometimes he acts like an old lady and asks the caller if they go to church?!? He proceeds to tell them they need to go to church. I think he is hilarious! I love it when he cooks/burns water! It makes me feel needed and increases my desire to do nice things for him. I love it when he cries, because he feels so strongly about something, because he's touched so deeply, because he loves so eternally! I love that the kids and I come first in his life. He would do anything for us. He does everything for us!! I look forward to growing old and cranky with him. And I love that when I call, he is there. Thanks BABE for 4 wonderful years and 3 amazing and beautiful kids! muah! I love you!

4 comments:

The Petersons said...

Happy Anniversry. I thought about you and Debbie but didn't have a moment to write or call.

We love Walter and it was fun seeing him through your eyes. I loved David singing to you.

Get ready, we are coming home. It will never be the same.

Do you think it will be ok to go to our 2 reunions on Friday night?

youreprettytoo said...

I came to your blog today to check to see if you had anything new since the toilet post. And did you ever- two pages worth! Now that is catching up. I feel like I should make a comment on all the new posts, but who has the kind of energy or creativity! Anyway- Happy joint Anniversary. I was nursing a migraine on my anniversary night. Good times had by us both!

Kamille said...

Amber. Barfing after midnight at your age... come on really. I love your love paragraph to your hubby. I'm going to have to try telling the tele-marketers to go to church to. Walter's a good catch. You did good.

Julie said...

You butthead...you made me cry. You said the sweetest things abou your Walt-baby-love. I would love to hear his old lady tricks, telling telemarketers to go to church!!!