Sunday, February 1, 2009

Daddy's Home

We woke up this morning to a blown eardrum for Grady. Poor guy braved it like a champ. I had no idea his ears were hurting, let alone infected and bursting! So, we (I) spent the morning at Cottonwood Peds taking care of my baby!

I had plans of heading to the gym this morning. You know, the one I joined since I join a gym every January and never use the membership. Well, this time is going to be different. At least I hope so! So, I changed my plans and decided we would get the house cleaned up and hit the gym before picking Walter up tonight. That way I could take advantage of the 2 hours of free child care I get with my membership. I was actually going to workout and shower! That would have been a treat. But, I found out when I got there that the child care closes at 6, and it was 5:30. So, I asked the kids what they wanted to do instead, Winni says Chuck E Cheese wants her to come back! Very creative little girl. I said "not by myself" and we headed home. OK, not really. I reminded her that we left the rest of our million tokens at home. So, I had some things to do around home so I headed in that direction. By the time I got home I had 3 sleeping children and no desire to take them all inside just to bring them back out again. So, I sat in the car in my mom's driveway and used her laptop and wireless internet and facebooked my little face off! It was so nice and relaxing. What a great night. And then....

Walter made it home! yeah! We missed him and are so happy he is home so he can fix the Wii! Wait, we are excited he is home so he can be with us!

5 comments:

PetersonFam said...

AMber, you crack me up! But, I don't blame you...I would NOT brave chuck-E-Cheezzzeee alone!! hahahahahaaa!
I also think there is nothing better than having a quiet moment when your kids are sleeping!!!...OR in my case at school ALL DAY LONG!!! ya baby!

youreprettytoo said...

Man, it is just one party after another at your house..of course between visits to Cottonwood Peds and Primary Children's!:)

Elise said...

So i looked at your blog today and you had a million more posts, how come they aren't showing up on my list??? Weird, you do have cute kids, happy birthday winni! I'm glad walter's home and you'll get that workout in someday ;) We miss you guys, you should come visit! We'd even let you have the big bed ;)

Maddy Gunter said...

well today is February 5th and that would be Grady's Birthday...so Grady Happy Birthday We love you.....Nana G and Gramps...

John, Rebecca, Wesley, and Ethan Payton said...

Haha.. good times!! I am so excited u found me on here.. I cant believe u & walter have 3 beautiful children!!! Its been too long.. I am glad he is home.. That is exciting!!