Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Yum-O

I made something I've never made before! Chicken Noodle Soup! It was great. Winni ate 3 bowls and requested more the next night for her birthday dinner! woo hoo! So, tonight I needed to make a soup for Activity Day Girls and decided to go with this recipe, but I was going to change it up a little. I got even more adventurous and made my own noodles!



It was so fun!! And not even that much work. My kids love noodles and thought mom was the BOMB DOT COM!! :) Here is the final product...



It kind of looks like the chicken had worms, but oh well, it tastes good! I think the girls and their dads liked it too!

For ADG we had a Daddy/Daughter Dinner. One of the activities was for the dads to braid their daughters hair. And the fastest braider is...



Harold Brockbank! Who knew that after all those boys (they had 5 before Gwen finally came along) he would have picked up on the art of braiding! We also had the girls tie their dads tie. Guess who won???

GWEN! I guess having all those brothers paid off, at least this once!

And then, sniff sniff, I came home and put my baby to bed for the last time...



I can't believe he will be 1 tomorrow! And to think, this was me last year!!

6 comments:

Elise said...

Amber, when you post, it still doesn't show up that you've done anything new, weird, but the soup looks great! Grady's 1? I can't believe it, he's so cute... I miss you guys, when will you come visit me????

Ouyang Dan said...

Yum! Can I get you to send me that recipe?

And greetings from Korea!

Melinda said...

You look so hot when your pregnant and wearing flourescent green! Can you believe your baby is one?

The Petersons said...

You always have fun at your house. You are a great MOM.

Anonymous said...

I made chicken noodle soup for the first time today too! It turned out... ok. I would love the recipe tho! Is it on tried and true?

PetersonFam said...

Amber...you crack me up! I love all the fun pics of your kiddies! I can't believe your baby is 1yr old! How time flies! ....I would say time for another...but I won't! hahahaa!
You need to enjoy these little ones for a while and give them all of your 'fun, amazing' mommy-time! The pic of you in the shopping chair is hilarious! ...I always wanted to hop in one and drive around! ....I just never had a good excuse....unlike YOU in that pic! hahahaha!
kiss Grady for us and tell him my kids say 'happy B-day' !!