Monday, February 23, 2009

You've GOT to be kidding me!

Today started out perfect! Walter's cell phone alarm clock started going off around 5:30. He set it to sound like a rooster. Isn't that sweet of him? It went off like every 30 seconds and while I went to tell Grady to go back to sleep (that the rooster wasn't for him) Walter looked at me and said, "What's that noise?" Oh sweetie, I must have hijacked your cell phone and thought it'd be cool to pretend we live on a farm!

Anyway, when he finally decides to get out of bed it is 7:30. By this point, Winni and Trae have joined us in bed. I'm really quite tired, as I don't sleep well with little toes in my face. He tells me I should "get up too. I've got a lot to do and should have been to the gym already." Ahh....what sweet words. "And would you like me to make you some breakfast before you go? By the way, your lunch is all packed and ready in the fridge. HAVE A NICE DAY!!"

Disclaimer: Walter really is a good husband. He just sometimes thinks unicorns should come to our birthday parties! But I love him, even more now that he bought me a new minivan! woo hoo!!

Moving along, the kids and I get up and get ready and head for the gym. We get there with perfect timing. As they open the gate for my kids to go in, Trae says, "Bye MOM!" YEAH!! I'm going to get to work out AND shower! I decided to go to FIT. What a great class. Great workout. I'm feeling the burn and it's awesome! After a nice sweat I head to the locker room. I get in the shower and realize, I don't have to hurry and shower. I decide to shave my legs because (seriously) the last time I shaved my legs was for my last pedicure, which was a few days after my birthday. You don't need to know when my birthday is, but let's just say it has kept me warm for the winter. So, I get done shaving one leg (which I cut myself while shaving. I'm not new to shaving, just not well practiced, I guess)and I hear over the intercom, "Amber Gunter, please return to the Child Care Center!" Oooohhh! Was that really my name? So, I get out of the shower with one shaved leg and the other still looking like an Amazon woman and start putting my clothes on. I figured they didn't really want me to come naked, as I wouldn't be much help then. I start getting dressed when I realize I forgot to pack a normal bra. My sports bra is soaked with sweat and my chosen shirt for the day is kinda fitting. I also didn't wear a coat and was heading straight to the chiropractor after this. Free falling wasn't really an option, so I opted for the nasty sports bra. So nice!

I went and got the crying child (Grady) and he joined me in the locker room. I decided I wasn't going to get to "primp" like the other moms there and just did the bare minimum. Put my stinky gym shoes on, because no one's going to know the difference, I already stink. We head to the Chiropractor, but first we stop at Wendy's and get some "healthy" lunch. I got a few crusty's and glares as I took my children into the Chiropractor/Gym cafe (Treehouse Gym) and begin feeding our faces with fried chicken nuggets and greased up french fries. I then, again, check my kids into another Child Care Center and headed up to see Dr. Vosti. Nothing too exciting happened until we got home and I found all 3 kids asleep in the back. I guess that was my reward for the day!


OK, I wasn't as ornery as I make myself sound. It really was a nice day. I'd like to say that I altered some of the key components, but I didn't. I didn't even exaggerate them. I just changed/added my thought process to bring the story to life.

8 comments:

jerbonashfoy said...

Sounds like you had fun, I am hoping and praying that some day soon I will be able to afford a membership. Look at the bright side of your day, at least you got one leg shaved!

Rebecca said...

I want to see your new car. Glad you survived yet another day in the life of Mrs. Walter Eugene Gunter.

Elise said...

Lol, well at least you got a new mini van and now you can come visit me! Hahaha, oh i've been meaning to ask, did you give walter that hug he might've needed since finding out about our little fetus? Oh, and you still got that extra crib your trying to get rid of? Maybe i should call you sometime ;)

Melinda said...

What's a crusty?

At least you have places with child care. Only in Utah.

Hope your enjoying your minivan.

Unknown said...

Arn't days like that the best!! Way to make it threw with a smile. congrats on the mini van!!

Amber said...

Love those days!!! HAHAHA! Diamond Castle is a Barbie movie. "princess Lianna" HELLO! LOL! My girls love barbie. Never thought i'd be a barbie mom but its a total life saver!! :)

Micaela said...

Yay for new cars! :) It's so funny how things always happen in groups... they can never be spread out. It's some sort of law of the universe... Haha! And sleeping kids are always a nice reward after a day like this! :)

youreprettytoo said...

Like I've said before, Walter thinks fairies dust our children's eyelids to sleep and little leprechauns sweep up all our crumbs!:) Glad I got to witness your amazon leg first-hand!