Sunday, March 29, 2009

Already!?!?

Apparenlty, Winni is ready for "the talk"! I always thought 4 was a little early, but she is very inquisitive, and her aunt Julie's answers to her questions aren't helping. It went like this...

The other day we all congregated at my parent's house because McKall was here waiting to catch a flight back home to Dallas. So, we are at my mom's baking cookies. Winni, for some odd reason didn't notice til now, noticed that Julie is just a little bit pregnant! She walks up to her and starts pushing on her tummy. She asks her what happened? Julie told her there was a baby in there. (Please keep in mind I've been pregnant for most of her life, but anyway!!) She didn't believe her. She wanted to see the baby in there. So, Winni crouches down to look "up" to see the baby in there. I had to let her know that she wasn't going to see the baby. Julie, because she is so nice, lifted her shirt to show Winni her tummy. She didn't believe her much, but went on her way. I ran home to get some more shortening, and while I was gone the conversation continued. Winni walked up to Julie and said, "you didn't eat a baby!" Julie agreed, she hadn't eaten a baby. Then Winni threw out her next guess. "Is it like a flower? You ate a baby seed?" WOW! I'm so glad she got the concept that all you have to do is plant a seed and it will grow into something, I just didn't see this coming. I'm not quite ready for the real talk, so I think we'll just leave it at baby seeds. And, maybe on her wedding day I'll give her a package of baby seeds. We'll see how it goes!

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Is that what happened on your wedding day? You got a package of baby seeds and like to plant them often? ;)

Rebecca said...

ps Your link to a page about McKall didn't go anywhere.

youreprettytoo said...

I think that would be so cute if you got her a package of "baby" seeds for her wedding day. Also this reminds me of a story I have to tell about Annie. I would blog it but it is a bit too PG-13!

Erin said...

Yikes!!! That's so funny. You have a smart little girl on your hands. I wish we would have been able to get together but things didn't go at all how we planned. Maybe we'll have to go back east to see you guys!!!

Julie said...

I think "I" get to give her the baby seeds...after all its my tummy she kept poking and prodding.