Monday, March 2, 2009

turtles turtles turtles

The other reason for why this might have happened is that my turtles are gay! Sorry if that offends, but seriously, they killed off the only girl and they are still trying to mate with each other. Well, if that doesn't sell you on wanting my turtles I don't know what will! :)

No, the kids don't know we are selling/giving away the turtles. I know it's going to break Trae's heart, but they haven't even noticed that one is missing. Also, I lied about the prices we paid for the tank and filter. All I remember is one day Walter came home with this penthouse for the turtles and I was mad. He had spent $600! It was supposed to last them for 40 years! So, the tank itself was only $200, but the filter was $250! Then all the other accessories...Anyway, if someone wants 1, not all, so as to avoid the cannibalism, let me know! I think we figured out who the culprit was behind the massacre last night, so now I'm looking for turtle soup recipes! Anyone want to come over for dinner! hahahaha JK! That is disgusting!

3 comments:

Ouyang Dan said...

Oh noes!

We turtle sat for Jada's kindergarten class over the summer, and found out the hard way that Red Ear Sliders get very aggressive when they reach mating age. Our female attacked the male when he tried to initiate mating, and I had a woozy and bleeding turtle on my hands, and I bet you know how hard it is to find a vet to treat one. I had to make due w/ mommy knowledge! Once we separated them they were much better, but after reading up I couldn't believe how much space each turtle requires!

I hope you find homes for them! When they aren't killing each other they are really fun pets.

Ouyang Dan said...

And no, I don't think you can ship them to us. LOL!

PetersonFam said...

AMber....I say get rid of the gay turtles! ...I also say...you go shopping and spend $600 dollars on YOURSELF! YOu are a hot mamma and deserve to splurge!
If Dan went out and spent $600 on a 'penthouse' or any other form of 'house' for turtles or dogs... I would have his kahunas AND I would go shopping!
My bedding from Pottery Barn didn't even cost $600 dollars! HOLY GAY TURTLES!