Wednesday, March 25, 2009

sleeplessness

We decided to take our kids with us on our house hunting trip to MD. All 5 of us in 1 hotel room. It had potential to be perfect! One problem...the hotel crib was just a little too big for the bathroom! We couldn't get the door shut so that Grady could sleep. We maneuvered it a little and finally got the door shut, but then we couldn't get to the potty for midnight visits. So, we decided to do this...



And, apparently he didn't like it much. It was a little on the tilted side since it was high centered. Don't worry, I'm paying the price for it now. Since we've been home he hasn't put himself to sleep yet. He has cried from anywhere between 1 1/2 - 2 1/2 hours and still won't give up and lay down. Walter went in the other night after 1 1/2 hours and he was still crying, standing up, and....ASLEEP!! Last night we decided we had to win. So, after he cried from 9-midnight he finally laid himself down and went to sleep. It was killing me! Pure torture. Hopefully tonight we can get it down to 2 hours...wish me luck!!

5 comments:

Amber said...

I so feel your pain! My baby is up anywhere form 1-4 hrs a night. I don't get it. Sucks! I definitely wish you luck!!!

Julie said...

That is a great pic...I have actually put my babies to sleep right in the tub...but I am sure Grady is too old for that.

Kamille said...

That picture is a classic. They should put it on the cover of the next edition of baby wise.

Melinda said...

I'm so glad you took a picture! That's awesome.

Lori said...

It could be worse -- you could have teenagers that NEVER go to bed!