Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Book Tag

I have been tagged by Julie. Here are the rules.
1. Pick up the nearest book (at least 123 pages)
2. Turn to page 123
3. Find the 5th sentence
4. Post the 5th sentence on your blog
5. Tag 5 people

As awesome as this sounds, the closest book to me was my Pampered Chef All The Best cookbook. Page 123, 5th sentence reads, "Cool at least 30 minutes." AWESOME!! I thought, I better go find another close book, but I got to thinking. What good advice for me! Maybe I would feel better about myself if I just cooled for 30 minutes!! Ahhh...it'd be so nice to have 30 minutes to cool! Anyway...

I was at Enrichment tonight and it was great. It was all about organizing as we had Joy Allen come and teach us how to run our homes like a business. She did an awesome job. I learned a lot about organizing, but I also learned some things about myself. On the way home I started thinking about my relationships in my ward. I came to the conclusion that I am shy, almost unfriendly I think. I wait for people to come and talk to me, and when they do I usually say too much. Ya know, along the lines of TMI! I tend to feel like an outsider, and it's my fault, I know. So, my goal is to be more friendly, more sincere, and more service oriented. So, sorry if I seem stand-offish to anyone, just know it's because I'm afraid of making a fool of myself.

So, I grabbed one of the only other books I own, it is Mothering with Spiritual Power. The sentence goes like this "My children have taught me much about counting my blessings!" That just sums it all up!

Oh yeah, I tag Elise, Lori, Missy, Steph, and Sally

4 comments:

Lori said...

I don't think you are shy. I think you are a vital part of this ward and neighborhood with many great talents to share. Don't change, but just be yourself. People love you for who you are. Thanks for being my friend! I love you so much.

Missy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Missy said...

Amber, I don't remember you as a shy one, but sometimes its easier to make friends with people who approach you first. All I can say is, hooray for the Shearer's!

Julie said...

I think its always good to look at ourselves and see how we can improve. You are not shy, but you may have just lazily taken the roll of the Petersons daughter. One of those many challanges of living with your parents!! Don't worry about making a fool of yourself. Everyone loves you. I always worry that they will love you more than me!! Thats usually the case. lol. You are totally cool already...no need to take 30 min. to try to be even cooler.