Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Last night I watched American Idol at Julie's house. I was watching it with her kids, they are hilarious!! I overheard Abe & Jax talking about the contestants. When Jason Castro came on she said, "I hate him!" Abe was a little distraught about what his sister was saying. He started to ask questions like, "how can you hate him? That's not a very nice word, Jax! You don't like his songs?" She clarified that she hates his hair. He wasn't completely ok with that, because she still said 'hate', but at least she didn't HATE Jason, just his hair. He said "why do you hate the singers." I thought it was so funny, because she knew everyones names. They were having a conversation about American Idol like we blog about. She told him she likes Carly, and David Archuleta, and Brooke White. I guess what I'm saying is these people went from nobody's to household names...among 6 & 9 year olds!! They were almost critiqing (?) the contestants. Their mother is definitely Julie!!

3 comments:

Tamra said...

Very funny. I wish my kids thought Hate was a bad word. Maybe that has something to do with my word choice when I am hit with hot squash-although I never said I hated the sqaush. At least they don't say that, but do you think Julie would babysit for a few weeks and work on the Hate word for me?

Julie said...

AHHH!! Yes, they are all mine. Smart kids...but I don't hate Jason. I actually like him, but he is next to go ...I hope...Brook has got to do something truly amazing to stay!

PetersonFam said...

I totally agree Ju, Brook is NOT great and Jason..yuck! David Archuleta was great again but really needs to step it up to compete at all with David Cook! I thought David cook was AGAIN brilliant! Carly is gone...I was surprised, but, it was coming sooner or later! ;)
Just think....now these "nobody's" are household names and probably going to "make it big" doing something musical!
they definitely got their names & faces & voices out there!