Thursday, April 24, 2008

There once was a boy named Trae! Well, sort of named Trae. OK, not at all named Trae, but that is what his mom calls him cause it's sounds so much hipper than Walter! :) Anyway....this little fireball has found that he has a crevice, a hiding place if you will, where he can "store" things. Almost like a piggy bank, not so much that he puts money in it, but that once it's in there you can't get it out very easily! He loves loves loves putting things in his ears!! Yesterday I kept finding him putting turtle food in his ear. He came and showed me once, but it was just resting on his ear, just outside the canal, nothing dangerous. I kept telling him to lay of his ears, but he kept find "treasures" to store there. I thought he had given up, until right before bedtime he started complaining about his ear. I asked him where the turtle food was and he pointed at his ear! OF COURSE!! So, we called the Dr and asked how urgent it was that we get this out of his ear. I know, I sound horrible. Most mothers would run their baby to the hospital to get it out. I figured since it wasn't obstructing any airways, it wasn't too urgent. I mean, American Idol was on and I was certain Brooke was going home (but then she didn't! Kind of disappointing!)! So, basically the Dr agreed with my waiting and we went in today to see if there was, in fact, turtle food in his ear. Turns out, Trae likes to put things in his ears, but he doesn't like it when other people put things in his ears, like when Dr Cramer put that plastic scoopy thing in to try to get the turtle food out. The nurse offered him a popsicle if he'd let her irrigate his ear, so he did. And out came the turtle food!



Trae with his reward!


The doc came in and said the left ear was now clear, but he saw some junk in the right ear, so we irrigated it....and....




As soon as the nurse got this rock of wax out, Trae walked right up to her and put his arms up. She said, "Oh he still likes me!" I knew what he was getting at.



He pointed at the door and off they went to get another popsicle! I'm just hoping he doesn't think we get popsicles by putting things in our ears!! Oh yeah, and of course I made sure to take my camera so I could get pictures. I'm sure the nurse was ready to turn me in to DCFS when as soon as the turtle food was out I said, "WAIT! Let me take a picture." So I took pictures while she cuddled my boy and got him a popsicle!

5 comments:

Missy said...

LOL! Oh, Amber, I guess this is what we get with boys, right? I totally hope he doesn't get a Pavlov complex with the popsicles and turtle-food-ear either!

PetersonFam said...

hahahahaha! Amber too funny!
Hey, I remember when Mckall and her little friend shoved necklace beads up their nose...funny till they don't come out... I remember Jennifer (mom) calling me in a panic saying the girls were screaming and crying because they had shoved so many beads in their nose they would NOT ALL come out! I suggested they BLOW their nose and after a few trys...they ALL came shooting out! Needless to say, they NEVER did that again!
I think it is hilarious you took your camera to the Dr.....hahaha! They probably thought you had some sick sense of humor! ;)

Julie said...

I forgot to ask you what happened with that. Seriously if you gave me a cookie everytime I went to the doctor...I would find reasons to go. YOu may be in trouble.

youreprettytoo said...

The nurse might not turn you into DCFS- but probably more like bloggers anonymous!

Melinda said...

Taking your camera to the doctor's is a sign of a true blogger. Way to go!