Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Honey, I'm HOOOOOME!!

We made it home last night! whew! What a trip! We were gone so long that I had to call Walter last night and ask him what our home phone number is! It's nice to be home and to be getting ourselves put back together. Hopefully we can stay that way.

Some of the fun surprises we found when we got here included...

A seatbelt that no longer works
A Gwen who was most excited to see us!
Lots of ice!
It turns out I do have a green thumb...

(Julie and Becky, I told you I was concerned about my potatoes! I gave them one last squeeze when I found them this way, then they found themselves in the garbage!)
Sunshine during the day that actually warms up the air! Something Nebraska knows nothing about! One day, at 3 PM it was 1 degree! Seriously!
Grady likes the dark, Winni and Trae like a little light, and they all share a room! NOT REALLY WORKING!!
And, after cleaning out all the old moldy cheese and nastiness in my fridge, here is what's left...

Looks like it's apples and chocolate for dinner!

9 comments:

Melinda said...

Yum!

And you look mighty hot in your header picture!

jerbonashfoy said...

yummy! can we join you!?

Erin said...

yikes! looks like fun and btw you look amazing!!! I miss you guys!

Natalie said...

Did you notice your Twilight books also missing? I stole them and read them over the break, but still haven't left Logan since then, but I'll get them back to you! (#'s 3 & 4)

Unknown said...

I'm glad that you made it back. No need to invite me over for that fine meal.

Julie said...

Come over for dinner anytime. You should show dad the pic of your fridge and he will take you shopping. Also you do look HOT and SKINNY in your new pic...and by the way...are those the same potatoes you were squeezing at Thanksgiving???

Lori said...

Love your new picture and most of all love having you home!

The Peterson 5 said...

That has happened to me twice now with potatoes!! Only mine starting to stink too! Your hair also looks really long and pretty in your main picture!

Tamra said...

If only you had lettuce, you'd have apple and lettuc salad with chocolate syrup for dinner too.