Saturday, January 17, 2009

the Winstermeister!

I've decided that I can't keep waiting for myself to catch up on the blog before i continue with life, so I'll blog about our trip when I have pictures to prove my hotness and my own computer to save them to. I've come to this conclusion mostly because have stories to tell, and I don't want to forget them. One of which happened tonight is this freezing place we call Nebraska!

As we were heading to Phil and Micaela's house for dinner tonight, Grady was screaming his little head off in the back of the car. The only thing that would get hime to stop was if Winni would sing to him. So, she started singing Twinkle Twinkle. Grady quieted right down. It was perfect. Winni was also kind enough to hold the cartons of ice cream we were taking for dessert. As we were pulling up to their house we looked in the back seat and found Trae happy, Grady happy, and Winni....asleep!! She had sung herself to sleep with ice cream in her lap! What a good little girl!

I know, a good mom would have a picture, but that's not really my goal. I'm not a follower! hahahaha

3 comments:

Lori said...

GET HOME!!! We miss you so much. We would have taken that crying Grady any time (okay not 3 a.m.) We are anxious to see all of you soon.

Micaela said...

Wow- all within a 5 minute drive, huh? haha. That's pretty cute. It was so sweet how protective of Samuel she was. Even Ashelyn will just let Stephen do whatever to him and then come and tell us. We asked her the other day why she doesn't try to help Samuel. She just says "I don't know- you're bigger than me?" Nice. Anyway, we've enjoyed seeing and hanging out with you guys while you've been here! Too bad you can't stay a little longer, but I know how nice it is to get home after awhile.

Erin said...

That is so cute. What a good little big sister to sing herself to sleep for her brother while holding the ice cream too!!!