Monday, January 26, 2009

A Snowy Day Experiment

Yesterday Winni decided that we should walk to church. I thought that was a great idea, since it takes us longer to get in the car and drive than it does to walk. So, we started on our way walking, already about 5 minutes late for church. After a few watch out for dog poop, get your hands out of your pockets so you can keep your balance, be careful on the ice, watch out for the muds, we were to the fence. Those phrases continued as we went through the park, except for the addition of, "Hurry up so we aren't later than we already are!" I also had to add, "Winni, I'm sorry you fell, but please get up and wipe the mud off your dress. No, we can't go back and change." When we finally got to church Winni turned to me and said, "Mom, let's drive next time!" I think that's a great idea, especially since the snow was coming down like crazy as we made our trek back home!

After naps yesterday we decided to make a cake! A few days ago at Target we bought this cute heart shaped silicone cake pan and some heart shaped silicone ice trays. So, we needed to make a heart cake. After filling the cake pan I decided it would be so cute to have some little heart cupcakes. I emptied the ice out of one of the ice trays because, duh, silicone cake pan vs silicone ice trays. It's all good, right?? hahahha I pulled out the "cupcakes" and I found this...



It didn't melt too bad. And I'm going to keep it still and use it for its intended purpose, but it sure was fun finding out the hard way that it doesn't work that way. But, it has got me thinking. For our hot chocolate on Valentine's Day, could I freeze milk or, better yet, Hazelnut Coffee Mate in these bad boys so we have heart shaped goodness in our hot chocolate?? I think I'm gonna go try that right now! So long as I remember that is why I went into the kitchen in the first place!

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

So cute. I almost had my boys walk to church yesterday but was glad they didn't when the hail and thunder showed up in the afternoon.

JP and Steph said...

I found these really cute heart shaped cupcake cups that are silicone at Michaels craft. I like the ice cube tray! I also like the idea of hot chocolate ice cubes. I would try using chocolate milk.

JP and Steph said...

BTY:the cupcakes cups I found are made to go in the oven up to 500 degrees and not melt!