Thursday, November 22, 2007

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!! This year Thanksgiving was up to me. We had a small crowd with Walter's dad and step-mom, our family of 4 and our 4 students. I got an early start on my cooking, I started on monday!! Throughout the week I slowly got things put together and into the fridge, waiting for Thanksgiving day to cook them. I would definitely do it this way again! Today felt restful, rather than stressful. We were invited to Trent and Julie's for breakfast.



Julie, and my profile! very impressive



Winni & Eli



Libby, Zack, Eli & Winni



Tyler



Quinci w/ Jacki

We used to have pie for breakfast, but decided that this year we would break tradition and have pumpkin waffles with cinnamon syrup. It might as well be pie, its soooo good! It tastes like pumpkin pie!! Then we headed home to get the turkey in the oven.

We sat down to eat at about 3:30, and if I say so myself, it was delicious!! The turkey was perfect. We couldn't even get it from the bag to the serving dish, it just fell apart. We also had homemade rolls with whipped honey, creamy mashed potatoes with turkey dripping gravy, brown sugared sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, homemade stuffing, canned cranberry sauce, and homemade punch, and for dessert...pecan pie, struessel topped pumpkin pie, and pumpkin cheesecake. However, we were all too full to touch the pies. I think we will eat them for breakfast tomorrow. Sounds like a new tradition, leftover pie for breakfast the day after Thanksgiving!



Our beautiful table with the hostess who, apparently, sampled too many desserts as she cooked!!



After making a wish, I won!! Walter was so upset, but his wishes always come true! Hopefully my wish will come true too....January 9th here we come!!



The boys taking care of clean up!

3 comments:

youreprettytoo said...

Shoot-I'm comin' to your house next Thanksgiving. I especially want that whipped honey butter- wait- did it have honey in it? Well if it didn't it should. Also how do you put music on your blog?

youreprettytoo said...

Ah ha! I just looked back and it didn't have BUTTER in it. The main ingredient in any Thanksgiving dish worth its salt! Anyway I think it is time for my afternoon snack.

Julie said...

Its nice to have all that clean up help I am sure. January 9th huh. I hope your wish comes true...but don't count on it.