Saturday, November 10, 2007

Tonight I decided to take Winni on a Mommy-Daughter date. We went to see the high school's production of Cinderella! I thought she would love it and it would give us a chance to spend some time together. As we were leaving home, Walter and Trae were about to enjoy some cheese. We started out the night with Winni upset because she wanted to stay home and eat cheese.



We got to the high school and found some seats where Winni would be able to see the stage. She was very active and excited, but I was sure she would sit still and watch it like she watches TV. And I was wrong!! Right before the show started, a tall man sat in front of us, so Winni was going between 3 chairs, including my lap, to see different parts of the play. I kept telling her to sit still and watch the show. She let me know that it wasn't a show because it's not a movie on TV. I didn't think she was getting much of the musical, but about 5 minutes after the opening song she started singing, "The Prince is giving a ball!!" It was so funny. We made it to intermission and went into the foyer to run off some energy.



This is what she did during intermission! When it was time to go back in for the 2nd half of the show, she refused! "I don't want to see the show!" "I don't like Cinderella!" "I want to go home and see Daddy and Trae and eat cheese!" So, we headed home to eat cheese with Daddy and Trae, but not before stopping at Starbucks! I had earned myself a 400+ calorie Strawberries and Creme drink! (Don't worry mom, it's coffee free!!)

3 comments:

The Petersons said...

Thats good it isn't coffee. Just wonder how you found out about Starbucks and noncoffee drinks. Cute Winni. It takes time for training. Give her a hug. I tried to call again. I will try shortly.

Julie said...

Wow, so I am not too sad I didnt go with you...except for the Starbucks part sounds like heaven right now. Maybe I should sneek out and go get one. Is Starbucks open at 10pm???

Anonymous said...

tell winnie i like cheese.
i would have picked cheese over cinderella as well ;)
but jada probably would have out voted me, she is a cinderella nut!