Thursday, November 1, 2007

Alright, today I'm giving a HUGE THANK YOU to my garbage man! We have chatted before, so he knows I'm pregnant and crazy. When he sees me out there pulling wedding and filling up another garbage can, he'll stop and say, "just put it on the other side of the road and I'll get it on my way back!" Well, I was planning on doing that, but it was nice that he made sure I knew it was OK. Well, I've been a slacker lately and occassionally forget to put the garbage out. Yesterday was one of those days. I hear him pull up to the neighbors house and I shouted, "Walter, the garbage man!" I figured we'd missed another week, when all of a sudden we hear a honk honk! He was in front of our house waiting for us to bring our cans to the curb! Walter ran out and took the cans to the curb and then I ran out to help. When the garbage man saw me he said, "there's the momma!" What a cool guy! It's nice to see someone enjoying their job, even as a garbage man. I seriously wouldn't have been surprised if he got out of his truck and pulled our cans to the curb if we hadn't heard him, or the honk! I think I'll bake him cookies, or something!

7 comments:

Julie said...

Thats a big Thank you...whats it for and who's it too. And wears my straightner and curling iron?

amberjill said...

So, it turns out that when you try to publish black text on a black background, it doesn't show up!
!!

Kelly T, that's me! said...

Hi! I just changed my background last night, sorry! I didn't realize you had it too. I had another picked out, so I will switch tonight when I have a minute. xoxox

Kelly T, that's me! said...

Hey! I didn't even read the post I commented on. I think we used to have your garbage man. Does he wear glasses? We had one that would honk also. I miss him.

Anonymous said...

ok nice post...

holy moly you are pregnant? yea!

we had a garbage man who would honk at my dad's house when i was little...i was too young to appreciate it then...

The Petersons said...

Keep that garbage around. I think it is time for more blogging.

Jennifer Never said...

The Garbage man Amber?? The plumber probably smells better.