Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Eve take 2

We had a wonderful Christmas Eve! Walter's cousins got in town last night, so we headed over this morning to start having some fun! We spent most of the day just having fun and letting this kids play, and then we got ready for the nights festivities.

First, we took some family pictures!

Then, we headed over to the church for a candlelight service, which turned out to be a service without candlelight. I have never been to a Christmas candlelight service, so I'm not sure of what I missed out on, but it was enjoyable. As we walked into the church they handed us a program and communion. This was the 2nd year that they have honored those who have passed on during their Christmas service and last year Aunt Sherrie didn't submit any names, so this time she did. She chose to honor Walter's Mother and Grandfather. It was nice being there for that. I also witnessed my first communion. The communion they handed out when we walked in was a small cup (think sacrament water cup, obviously, since it's the same thing) of grape juice with a little peel off lid. Then, on top of that lid was a cracker with another peel off lid. Before the congregation partook, the Pastor said that those who are not members of this church can take the communion, as long as they have been born again. Since I wasn't quite sure where I fit in that I just watched, therefore I still had my communion. I had plans of taking a picture and showing you how "cool" it was, but now I can't find it. Oh well. After the service we went back to Aunt Sherrie and Uncle Marks and watched the kids open a present, then we headed to GG's to have our own little Christmas Eve with her and let the kids open jammies, again! :) It was fun! I can't wait to see what Santa brought us! We will head to Aunt Sherries in the morning for all the fun. I'm sure it's going to be crazy!! :)

0 comments: