Friday, December 26, 2008

SEAWORLD!!

This morning we got up and started packing and getting ready to start driving. Destination: SEAWORLD!! yeah! Being in the military has it's perks, like Seaworld for free! woo hoo! So, before we could get on the road, we needed a car. I had reserved us a FORD TAURUS! hahaha I knew we couldn't fit into it, but I was grasping for anything. So, we headed over to Budget to get the Taurus, or at least see if they had anything else. The offered us a Ford Escape. After one glance we knew we wouldn't fit. So, we upgraded to the Dodge Caravan! And, well, we fit! yeah! And the stow and go seats were awesome. Anyway, we were on our way to Orlando.

We got to Seaworld at about 5 PM and a lot of people were on their way out. They were open until 10 so we started heading to the shows. The kids loved it! They were in awe. Trae thought everything was a whale and he would say to the whale "aauuuuga!!" Because that is what Diego taught him to say to the whales. I knew he would love the animals. We missed the last Believe show, but were able to see Shamu in "Christmas Miracles." We had to get to the show early, so we could make sure to sit in the splash zone. Since we still had a while to wait they started a sing along of Christmas songs, and not just Rudolph! Real songs, like Silent Night and Joy to the World. It was so great! It made me love Seaworld all the more. Last time we went to Seaworld was when I was 8 months pregnant with Trae, so we didn't go on any rides. But, this time I'm not pregnant with ANYBODY, so Walter stayed with the kids while I went on Atlantis. woo hoo! So fun! And I got soaking wet! Anyway, we loved the Christmas show and loved seeing Shamu. Everytime (all 2 times) that we go I decide all over again that I want to be a killer whale trainer when I grow up. Maybe I can force my dreams onto my kids!

After Seaworld we were exhausted! We had reserved a room at LaQuinta right there in Orlando, or so we thought. Walter went in to check in and they let us know that we had reserved a room alright, but we were a no show! Because, we had reserved a room for Christmas EVE!! ooops! So, we called around and found a LaQuinta in Daytona Beach right next to the race track. We headed up there and got all settled in. Our goal is to make it to Charleston, SC by tomorrow night, with a stop in Gainesville to visit Papa Pete and Granny!

0 comments: