Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Good Bye Discovery Gateway!

Today we say good bye to one of our favorite past times...Discovery Gateway! No, it's not moving or closing or anything like that, but our 6 month membership expired yesterday! sniff sniff! Now, if we want to go we'll have to pay and I'll feel bad if we leave before the place closes, no matter how long we've been there. Well, since I knew the end was near, we went 2 times a few weeks ago. It was so fun!

Trae is in love with lawn mowing and vacuuming, so when we found they have a lawn mower at DG, I knew Trae would be in heaven. In fact, he wouldn't let go of it!



Here he is playing in the water, holding on to the "mow mow". In fact, he let go of it for a minute and a lady moved it so her child could play in the water. Trae got very worried about his lawn mower and had to go find it immediately. From that time on he wouldn't let go of it, even while driving the police cruiser!



Grady started doing this a little too!



Why do my babies keep growing up!?!? I offered him money if he would just stay little and not stand and walk, but apparently he said no! At least he is having a lot of fun!


We also did a little news broadcast! Trae was our lovely photographer!


That scowl is going to take that girl places. Seriously, even grumpy she's so dang cute! If only the newscasters on TV were this cute. Maybe then I'd know what's going on in the world!


Trae became a helicopter pilot! He's so focused! This kid has a future as a pilot lawn mower! However, notice he doesn't have the lawn mower with him anymore. You can't take it in the helicopter. Last time we were there I tried to help him sneak it to the 2nd floor, but someone came and took it from him when I wasn't looking!! I wonder where they get their stubbornness from!?!?


And Winni, she has a future in crane operation and construction, along with mail handling.

We have LOVED our membership at Discovery Gateway! We have heard of ways to get tickets for free, but haven't tried those ways yet. And, thankfully, none of those ways involve illegal activity, or else we probably would have tried them by now! :)

5 comments:

Kamille said...

I've always wondered if it's any good there. I'll have to check it out.

Rebecca said...

I have never been, never even known what
it was. Thanks for the little preview. If you find some free tickets, maybe we could come with you.

youreprettytoo said...

I'm with you on the free tickets- legal or otherwise!

Julie said...

Free tickets for me. I used to have this friend who had a membership for 6 so we were lucky to go a couple of times. It really is a lot of fun. I think Q would really get into it now.

Tamra said...

Free tickets-where, where? My kids love it there. But I am no where near as nice as you to go twice in one week. We did a year pass last year and loved it. My kiddies go off track next week and I will be missing my pass then, I love that there is something for all my ages 2 up to 9.