Saturday, July 26, 2008

CURACAO

I realize that I haven't blogged my WONDERFUL vacation, yet. The reason is not because I don't find it blog-worthy, it is because I want it to be an amazing post! I want you to taste the salt water and feel the sunshine and enjoy the virgin Pina Coladas! Let me just start by saying "I had an amazing trip!" I have so much goodness to share, so hang on, this could be a long one!



CURACAO DAY 1

We started early! Our, Grady and I, flight left at 12:30 AM on July 5th. We headed for Atlanta. We got there around 6:30 and had a 3 hour layover. So, Gramps and Nana (Walter's parents) came and took us to breakfast. They drove 2 hours just to see us. Thanks Walt and Maddy, we love you! They had never seen Grady before and he was such a good boy for them. He woke up, smiled, giggled and went back to sleep! What an angel.



We made our connecting flight and had a whole row to ourselves. So, we slept nicely! We got to Curacao
around 2 PM and were picked up by Jake. He was there to pick up his wife also. We knew the other person was on the flight, but we didn't figure out who each other was until we got there and found Jake. Walter was working, so we went to his room and got some more sleep. Finally around 7:30 he was able to come and see us! It was so good to see him. He was exhausted (I know it sounds nice to be in the Caribbean, especially when you hear they don't work everyday. However, on the days they do work it's a hard 18+ hour day!)! So, we went down to the Tanga Bar at the hotel and had dinner. I got to hang out with his buddies and meet those with whom he spends his summers! It was so nice to finally be with my husband again. Oh yes, and of course we had to start the Pina Coladas! And then I couldn't stop! I think I drank one everyday while I was there. I would be careful not to eat too much dinner so that I could get a Pina Colada later! hahaha



I think Grady fell back in love with his Daddy immediately! Everybody just loved him. I never had to hold him while I ate. People always volunteered to watch him so we could go swim. Even the waitress' would take him and show him to everybody. It was so cute!

Turns out, blogger doesn't want me to tell you about all the goodness at once. So, I guess I'll do it a day at a time! Maybe I'll sneak in a few days into one for ya. Maybe this will just be the test to see who really loves me?!?!?

0 comments: