Sunday, July 27, 2008

So, anyway, Day 2

Sunday.

We had church in Mike's room. It was so nice to see how they improvise. It was even nicer to know that even when they can't get to church, they have the power and authority to still partake of the sacrament and have a spiritual meeting. I loved being a part of it. And, ironically enough, as soon as "church" was over, we all headed to the grocery store. Since they are part of the Netherlands, there groceries mostly come from Europe, thus the boxed water and the handsome models!!



Next came our trip to Porta Marie.



BEAUTIFUL BEACH!! It was so pretty. We got to snorkel a little and enjoy the water a lot!



Grady handled the heat really well. You know, he went into the ocean everyday we were there, however, never once with his mommy!! Can you believe it?!?! Every time his feet got wet he would coo. It was so cute, or so I hear!!

On the drive back from Porta Marie we pulled over to check out the Pink Flamingos!



For a desert island, this place sure had some cool stuff!

The food we ate was great. And, right about this point I would tell you what fantastic place my wonderful husband took me for dinner...however I can't remember!! After he tells me, then beats me, I'll fill this one in!

OK, beating done. We went to Il Forno. It was a cute little Italian Restaurant. Think, Brick Oven in Provo, only it was all outdoor seating. I, of course, couldn't pass up the chicken pizza. It was so yummy!! Walter had a great lasagna. They charge by the drink, so I "secretly" ordered a second sprite! I was hoping Walter wouldn't notice, so that when we got back to the Hotel and joined everyone down at the Tanga Bar I could still have a Pina Colada. My husband thinks I'm the biggest dork for trying to scheme him out of a few extra bucks, since he would never refuse me a Pina Colada, but I like to think that my limiting myself allows me to help provide for the family!! :)

Oh yes, and I musn't forget...



HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!! Welcome to your 70th year!!

To this day, my dad always wants to be older than he is. Someone please let him know he has already received all the perks of growing up! They've given him everything they will give, i.e. drivers license, opportunity to vote, senior citizens discount. All they do now is take stuff away!!

4 comments:

Elise said...

Looks beautiful and sounds like fuN! I want to go to a beach, Amber, i think it's amazing how well you do without your husband! Thanks for the example, it makes me remember (some of the time) that i shouldn't complain, but still, i think your amazing! Love ya!

Micaela said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun! How do I get Phil to go down there so I can visit? ;) No... I think I've got as much going away in one year that I can handle right now... :) I'm sure it was a nice little vacation, though!

youreprettytoo said...

Ahh- the pina coladas! I miss those the most from Mexico. I think we need to got to Bajio soon so we can have theirs- a fairly close to the ones in Mexico at least. Also in that picture of yoru dad- he look slike he has an earring because of the background. He looks nice with it. Maybe he should get one- than he wouldn't have to worry about doing a calling! :) Happy Birthday Bro. Peterson.

Melinda said...

I'll bet your dad converted a lot of Danes with that face!