Sunday, July 27, 2008

Day 3

Isn't this fun! It's like I'm posting while in Curacao, only I've been home for 2 weeks! hahahaha

Monday

Everyday started out at the Tanga Bar for their buffet breakfast. Mmmmm....pancakes and eggs. You just can't go wrong. Oh yes, and the company was, well, delightful??



These things were everywhere!! I couldn't get anyone to tell me the difference between a gecko, a lizard, and an iguana, but I'm pretty sure I saw all 3 at some point during my stay. Most of those times while eating! This one came right up to the table and Walter put this piece of bagel in it's mouth. I was a little creeped out, but I guess I'm weird!?

I was so excited for this day! I mean, from what I had heard, the only thing to do in Curacao is to go scuba diving!! So this was the day...and this was the place...



Ohhhhh....stretchy pants!!

Jan Thiel Beach! It seriously was HEAVEN! I thought it was the best beach. I mean, what beach has an entrance like that?? There was also a "water park" on the other side. I think it had some small kid stuff, like you see at the Rec Center pool, any rec center pool! It was so cool, and beautiful! So, this is where we went diving. This was my first time diving "for real"! I became certified back in the day, like totally 1994 ish! So, I wasn't exactly practiced. There is a video somewhere, which I hope I can get my hands on to share with you, where you would wonder if it was me scuba diving, or if you had just run into the weirdest looking octopus EVER!! It was awesome. My goggles got a little foggy, however, and I wasn't comfortable enough to clear them, so they stayed foggy. At one point in our dive Jake pulled me aside and pointed at a rock. I pretended to look and acted like "oh that is the coolest whatever I've ever seen!" In all honesty, I saw nothing!! What I should have seen was a ginormous LOBSTER!! Well, let's just say I'm glad I didn't try to get a better look. I probably would have lost my head!!

After diving we were starving!! So, we ate at the little restaurant on the beach. This was our motley crew...



These people were so much fun! The 2 guys in the front, Dan and Dan were so bikini crazy! They could not go a few minutes without hitting on a girl. It was fun being on the other side of the beating. Hearing the inside scoop while hitting on girls, rather than being hit on....ya know, since that is the story of my life. It was nice for a change! ;) So, anyway, Dan and Dan asked one of the guys to take their picture, but the instructions were something to the effect of "zoom in really close...it's ok if we aren't in the picture!" Turns out there were some cute girls sitting behind them. It took me back to high school. What a good idea!

I ordered this amazing salad. It was called Baked Brie Salad. Seriously! There was brie cheese baked onto my bread. It was so cool! and yummy!!



And I can't forget the handsome guy next to me! Doesn't he look so cute in his rash guard shirt? I got it for him for Father's Day for when he goes diving. I didn't know I needed to tell him NOT to wear it to the table. He got made fun of so much. What do you think of him...given this pose and caption...


"Flame ON!"

Totally Fabulous 4! The best part about this picture is when I got home and showed these pictures to Winni. Her response was perfect. She saw this picture and said, "Mommy, Superhero!!" Ahhhhh...Priceless!

Speaking of priceless. This evening we decided to go see Wall E. We got a group together and headed to the theater. I couldn't figure out why they were giving Spencer such a hard time for holding Grady. The ticket lady kept asking him, "your baby?? your baby??" He kept telling her it was our baby. I was expecting the usual, "so cute!" cause he is...but no! She wanted to know who to charge the $5.75 to! Thanks lady! It totally DIDN'T make up for it when you gave us a coupon so that Grady could have his own popcorn!! Needless to say, screaming or quiet, I was not going to leave the theater and miss any part of the show. I should have changed his poopy diaper right there in my seat, but I had myself to think about, too. I hope he enjoyed the show. I'll just take it out of his education fund!!

We had an early morning planned for Tuesday, so no Pina Colada tonight! :(

3 comments:

The Peterson 5 said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun!! Now I know why Walter signed up for the Air Guard....they send you on lovely vacations!!J/k I'm glad you had a great time!!

Jennifer Never said...

Your husband...Is fab. Looks like you had a great visit. Nebraska is a lot cooler though...magical even! Can't wait till Walter is home with you and you guys come visit us because we miss you and AJ needs Winnie.

Kamille said...

Amber it looks like you had an amazing vacation. It is so beautful. Your man looks great!!! How nice to be able to blog and live the vacation twice.