Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Friday & Saturday

Woo Hoo!! Shopping!!!

Today we went to downtown Curacao. Finally, I was seeing the places I had seen online while looking forward to my trip. This is the place you see when your cruise ports in Curacao.






This bridge is the floating bridge, which opens up and becomes parallel to the shore.



We really wanted to be on the bridge when it moved, but after waiting about 10 minutes we decided it wasn't going to move for the little sailboat trying to get through.

The little sailboat



Me & Grady posing, and waiting for the bridge to move....




Then, as we got off, the buzzer rang and it got ready to move. So, we sat on the side and watched it, and found more crabs...Beautiful, but still creepy!!



And, we enjoyed the view! If that there building is a hotel, I'm staying there next time! What a view! It would be like being on a cruise, without the seasickness!!




We found a little Farmer's Market along the waterfront, here. I asked Walter where all this food was grown, since I hadn't seen any farmland, and we had driven the whole island. Turns out, they come from Venezuela, and this is how they get it there!



While shopping, we found some cool stuff, like hammocks and bags and t-shirts. We also found some not-so-cool stuff like.....more so inappropriate stuff! I was a little grossed out by it. However, my favorite T-shirt that we found went something like this....I wish I had a picture. Anyway, it was the back of a rather large woman wearing a swimsuit. The caption was "Where's Charley?!?" As you can imagine Charley was, well, unable to answer because he was stuck "where the sun don't shine!" Apparently he had been sat on, and it went unnoticed! Poor poor Charley.

One of the pilots had his whole family there with him, including a 14 year old daughter who loves to babysit, so, we got to go on a date!! We went to The Governor! It was so pretty! And the food was great. Not sure why I don't have any pictures of the place, oh yes, Walter has them and isn't willing to share. We had to have reservations and everything! We had a wonderful evening out! I just love being with my husan'! He is so fun and makes me feel like the princess that I TOTALLY am!!

Saturday, dreadful day!! OK, not really, but was was sad to leave. My flight was scheduled to leave around 2, but since the plane coming to get us broke down we were afforded an extra 4 hours in paradise!! Walter and I got to eat our leftover Chinese food from the other night! Mmmmm.....rewarmed fried rice! A little on the crunchy side! We had a nice flight to Atlanta, but we missed our connecting flight by 10 minutes!! So, Delta put us up in a hotel for the night and we got home Sunday morning! My mom and dad met us at the airport with Winni and Trae. It was so fun to see them. Especially the outfit Winni picked out. I guess I should say Trae and Big Bird came to see us!! She is so funny!!

So 8 more days Baby!! Can't wait to see you! MUAH!!

0 comments: