Monday, July 28, 2008

Wednesday

Wednesday

Today was a rest day for us...a work day for Walter. When they work, they work long hours!! Like 18+ hours! If you ask me, they deserve time off between working days!! And they are definitely stimulating the economy! Anyway, we decided to just hang out in the hotel room. I ate nasty Easy Mac for lunch and almost thought I was going to die from it. OK, not really. But GROSS!! Please don't feed your kids that stuff. It's disgusting!! I tried to read a little, but opted for more sleep. It was so nice. Oh, and I was on the computer a lot this day. I had received an email from my wonderful Sister-in law Steph who was watching my kids. Here is what she said...

Hey Amber!
how's the beach?
I just wanted to check in and let you know things are great. The kids are fine....other than a few new scrapes, they couldn't be better.
So.....I was just wondering....don't be mad or anything....but, Mckall got this hair-brained idea that Winni would love to go to the Mall with her and her friends. Because I know Winni, like her aunt Steph, loves to shop!! ;) Anyway, Mckall thought that winni's ears needed some renovations......do you like pink studs? I alreadey raked McKall over the coals....!!!!
Anyway here is a pic of their swim/bike party today!
Talk to you soon!
Steph

Basically I flipped out!! My response went like this...

the beach was great! we went on a catamaran to little curacao and snorkeled and hiked and had a bbq. some people saw an octopus and some turtles. I DIDN'T!! Then on the trip home we found ourselves in the middle of a dolphin pod. there were about 100 dolphins jumping around us. they were coming from everywhere!! it was so cool! however, i am now fried!! Grady doesn't have any color, because we lubed (?) him up so good, but my spray on 30 didn't quite do the job. actually, i couldn't find my 30, so i used someones 15, let's just say I lowered my standards and am now paying the price! That pic is so cute! New scrapes are fun, however, HOLES IN HER HEAD!! seriously McKall....SERIOUSLY!!! Besides the initial shock and feeling of wanting to kill McKall, followed by bawling for about 10 minutes, I might be OK with it. She seriously got her ears pierced?? I hope you ripped her a new one! Don't they require the parent's to say its OK? I'm sure you raked McKall better than I ever could, so I'll leave that up to you, but I am a little heart broken. Mostly because I wasn't there to hug her afterward. Did she do alright?? Did she scream? I'm surprised she let them do both ears, after feeling the first one. Or did they do them at the same time? Did she make McKall sing "twinkle twinkle" to her?? "don't be mad or anything"????? Honestly, right now I am, but I'll be over it by the time I get home. I guess I should have mentioned ear piercing before I left. Just so we are clear...don't pierce Trae's nipples! :) and no tattoos. if you really want to, you can cut Trae's hair, but not Winni's. and no mo hawks, just fohawks. i still love you guys. i love the smile on traes face in that picture! today im going shopping, if i can walk, that is! my fried legs tingle a little, but with enough aloe, i should be alright. i guess i can now shop for some earrings for winni! give my kids kisses and tell mckall that when i get home im piercing her butt cheeks together! :) love you all!

Amber

Finally...I got this email...

Amber Gunter..................did I forget to tell you JUST KIDDING about the ear piercing?????? WELL, She really does NOT have them pierced!!!! Mckall did mention that it would be fun and that she thinks we should do it....but SERIOUSLY do you think I would let that happen to your little ANGEL while you were gone?? ....and not let you have any of the fun? NOT!!!!!!!!!!! Now I feel bad that you are pissed and crying and thinking that we are bad babysitters and would let Trae get a tattoo and pierced nipples!!! REALLY AMBER!!!!! hahahahahahahahaha!!! OK time to laugh...............hahaha.......it was only a thought in Mckall's little sweet head! NOT REALITY!! We just thought you needed a little funny!......eventhough it was I guess NOT so funnY!! hahaha!!! Don't rip my head off ok? hahahahhaa!!
Love you!
Have fun!
See you in a few days!

Steph

OK, maybe I freaked out a little! At least I had something to do that day. And then I got an email that Trae stuck an air soft pellet into his ear and they had to take him to the dr to get it out. He's fine and all, but dang! What a fun day for Steph! Thanks again for watching my kids...checks in the mail! Well, at least "something" will be when Walter gets home with it!

Walter got back around 7:30 and he was exhausted. He wanted to just go to sleep, but I told him NO! So, we went down and ate at the Tanga Bar. When Grady was tired we took him back up to the room. Walter had homework to do, so I went back to the Tanga Bar. I needed to make up for not drinking a Pina Colada for 2 days! So, I told Walter I'd be right back...and about 2 hours later I showed up with a chocolate shake and a smile! He's so forgiving...and the chocolate shake only helped my situation!

3 comments:

The Wessman Family said...

love the ear piercing story--I'd probably die:)

Missy said...

Ok, totally jealous of your trip! You all look like you are having a ball! I think you have the best attitude about "surprises." If it were true I would have had a coniption. But thats me, you're a better person, obviously!

Kelly T, that's me! said...

Ohhhh, that's FUNNY!