Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Thursday

Shete Boca



Today we went to "Shete Boca" or 7 mouths. Also known as "The Blowhole" to some, or maybe just to us! Either way, we went there today. It was pretty cool. However, we only saw 4 mouths, but who's counting!! This is us at the first one we went to.

The Pistol



The 1st picture was also at The Pistol. It was pretty cool. The water would all get sucked out and away from the land and then it comes flying in and explodes!! It was so cool!

Grady thought it was pretty cool, too! Walter thought this pose would be a good idea, I disagreed!!



The Pistol was the coolest one. This pic was at one of the other ones. I didn't exactly pay attention to names...but don't we look so cute!! (Notice, no wedding ring!! ooops!! OK, really, I broke it, again!!)



To get to this "boca" we had to hike a little. They told us to watch out for the trees. If it starts to rain, do not go for cover. They are shade trees only. If the rain hits them and drips on you it is poison and will hurt! Lovely!! So, where do I go for cover?? Luckily it was a beautiful day!

When we got down close to the water we found tons and tons of hermit crabs, or maybe the shells were vacant?!? I wasn't about to find out. They give me the heeby geeby's, the way they stick their little pincher feet out of the shell and squirm around...sideways!!



It made for a nice hike for the day. We had lots of fun, too! We went with Jake, Lisa and Mike. We saw really big iguanas along with some "crazy" people hiking down to the mouth of The Pistol. It looked like fun!

More of me and my Gradypants!!





I realize this is a lot about my trip. But in my old age I'm already starting to forget some of the things we did! I must blog sooner than 2 weeks after a trip!!

Walter promised me that tomorrow will be a shopping day!

1 comments:

Julie said...

Your trip looks awesome!! I bet you loved the down time in the hotel room. What a nice relaxing day...except for the crying and cussing Stephs name. You are lucky that your husband gets deployed to nice tropical places so that you have a reason to go there. Take me with you next time.