Monday, September 22, 2008

My hero!

So, Grady's first night in the living room didn't exactly go how I had planned. The plan was to let him "cry it out" so he will learn to sleep through the night. At one point, Walter decided he had cried long enough and went into the living room to console the poor kid. The moment he enters into the living room he sees someone on the floor with Grady, and Grady is still screaming. He started saying, then almost shouting, "HEY, HEY!" I'm pretty sure he was about to go survival school on the intruder to protect our little family. Thankfully he didn't start the beating before the shouting. As he started for the "perp" he heard them say, "Honey, it's me!" Cause it was! In his delirious woken from a deep sleep state, he hadn't noticed that I wasn't in bed beside him when he got up. I was in with Grady, I had been in the living room most of the night and was re-swaddling my restless baby. However, if you ask Walter what happened that night, he has no memory of it! And, I'm grateful I don't have a black eye to help his memory!

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

boy am I grateful you are still alive and well. We better watch out for his sleepy protection mode.

Rebecca said...

boy am I grateful you are still alive and well. We better watch out for his sleepy protection mode.

Rebecca said...

sorry, I don't know why that happened but at least now everyone will know how amazing and popular your blog is because of all the comments in the first 15 minutes. WEEEE

Jennifer Never said...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. You mean Walter is even tougher when he's asleep?

Jennifer Never said...

BTW...Please tell us we didn't forget your birthday...