Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Trae

Hello!! Is there a vet in the house?? Will my turtles survive my 2 year old? Trae helps Walter feed the turtles and lately they have been feeding them lettuce, cause turtles like that. Well, the other day Trae wanted to feed the turtles and couldn't find the lettuce, so he grabbed the sprouts! Turns out the turtles don't like the stringy stuff so much. So, Trae decided to help them wash down the nasty sprouts and he went for the chicken broth! Only he got a little sidetracked when he noticed that chicken broth comes in the same kind of can as Root Beer, so he chugged some! EWwww!! Gross!! OK, I am a somewhat "present" mom and I noticed he had grabbed the chicken broth and when he went to drink some I stopped him, but still! What happens when I'm changing a diaper? Taking out the garbage? Showering?? (I do that on occasion!)
I think a better question would be, will my "nice things" survive my Trae and his up and coming little brother? As I was taking a nap one Sunday, Walter was in charge. Trae has a really good arm and a nice little kick. (He gets his athleticism from his mom! :)) So, from clear across the room, by the fireplace, he drop kicks his ball and it soars through the air! Next thing you know it hits the cookie jar and knocks the lid off, sending it into my most favorite vase! Ya know, the big one that I put the flowers that I buy for myself from Costco when my husband is gone! Well, I guess I'll be saving money on flowers from now on...



If it wasn't such a beautiful shot, I think I would have cried. Oh yeah, and I was asleep so that helped!

3 comments:

Julie said...

Your vase looks very sad. You will survive Trae cuz he is so cool. But as a mother who blogs, you should have let him take a swig of the chicken broth.

Melinda said...

From a mother of a 5 year old boy, the answer is "no, your 'nice things' will not survive." Put it in storage and bring it out in 20 years. Sorry to bear the sobering news.

Tamra said...

He and my Camden could come up with some really great things to do together. I am sure his little brother will receive a great education from big bro. Good luck. Ya, there are always consequences when mom naps, that is another law of nature that I have learned.