Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Our New Home...

For the weekend!! :)



So, we got this sweet deal on this 3 bedroom townhouse in Park City! We couldn't pass it up, and we needed a little family time, so off we went! We got there on Friday night, got all checked in, and then checked out the place. Let's be conservative and say it was 4 times the size of our place...but that's just an estimate! After dinner at Panda we headed back to "our pad" for some hot tubbin! The kids absolutely loved it. Even Grady. I should have gotten pictures of Grady, but I was in the hot tub with him, so none of that!! :) He seriously splashed like a mad man. It was awesome! Then we watched movies until we fell asleep. So nice!

On Saturday I really wanted to go shopping and Walter really needed to get homework done, so we compromised. He stayed home with the kids and I went shopping. I love those kinds of compromises. Anyway, I got the clothing part of Christmas done! woo hoo! Plus a few things for myself, which I get now cause that's how I am! So, after a few hours of shopping with Grady we headed back to have lunch and hang out. Then we headed up to Park City Mountain Resort for some fun. Julie and her kids joined us, along with my parents, who brought Gwen for us and Renee and Jerry with their kids. It was so fun. We hit the Alpine Slide and the Alpine Coaster. Both are a little pricey, but they were so much fun! Winni was able to go on both, while Trae joined us for the slide. SERIOUSLY SO FUN!! I could repeat this vacation every weekend!

Then we headed back to our place for dinner, swimming and games. Did I say it was fun?? Cause it was! The kids watched a movie while us big kids played this telephone like game. Thanks to Julie for teaching us. And also thanks to Walter I will always remember that when the happy couple consummate their marriage, the curly haired girl will get pregnant!! After games we made sure we filled up this 3 bedroom place! Renee and Jerry and their boys stayed, along with Jaxynn and Gwen. Then in the morning we had crepes and headed home! Usually after a vacation you can't wait to get back to your own kitchen, usually cause it's bigger. Not me!! That kitchen was a dream come true for me. I could totally make cinnamon rolls and Thanksgiving dinner for 12 (or whatever) and maybe even start canning stuff. I guess those things can wait. However, this vacation was so fun! We plan on repeating it again next year. Anyone care to join us??? We're lots of fun!?!?

9 comments:

jerbonashfoy said...

Sounds like you had a great time I am jealous I wish I could break away I really need a weekend alone with my family! I still have fun remembered when we went down to lake Powell with the singles ward, I had a blast, I don't think I ever remembered to thank you for that trip. So thank you! So are you guys still in the twelveth ward? We should get our kids together some time! Ashley needs some play mates!

Melinda said...

We'll join you. Have room for 8? or 9? Maybe?

Julie said...

I can't believe you didn't take one picture of me....now theres no proof I was there. Thanks for inviting us. It was fun.

amberjill said...

julie, i totally would have taken a picture of you, but did you see yourself?? :)

Maddy Gunter said...

Hahahahaha.....Walt thought that was your new home that ya were living in....he read the top part and then went on to look at the pictures, he did not read the fine (small) print...hahahahhahah! He is so funny...now when I need him to sign something, I will just put something big on top that will b catch his eye, and I won't have to worry about him reading the smaller print....hahahhahahahh! good one!

Lori said...

Thanks for taking Gwen along. She had a great time. I tried to "grab" the picture of her off your slide show, but it wouldn't let me. Could you email them to me or share them another way. Thanks.

Kimmie said...

That sounds like you had a great time...I haven't done Park City in a long time and where I am now it won't be for a very long time...

The Petersons said...

No proof grandparents were there too, tending and taking pictures. Next year we will stay home with the little ones and go hot tubbing and take pictures of ourselves.

The Petersons said...

Sorry, that sounded a little bitter. We had fun too. Thanks for the invite.