Thursday, September 25, 2008

There is nothing funny....

about a concussion. Apparently! I know they aren't funny, but I needed something light-hearted to start this post. I even googled funny concussion and concussion joke, but, no luck. Cause they aren't funny!

Anyway, last night was long. Very long. Sitting in the ER half the night long. All because Winni was playing on the outside of the trampoline net and fell, landing on her back and causing a slight concussion. She fell around 8 PM, fell asleep around 8:20 and started vomiting around 8:30. My poor little girl! I kept asking her if she needed to go to the hospital and she kept telling me no. As soon as Walter got home she was white and clammy and throwing up again so I headed to InstaCare. When I told them what happened and they saw the ralph bucket in my hand, luckily I had a cute one, they sent us to the ER.



They decided she needed a CT scan. She did SOOO good holding still! She's amazing! So, her brain looks great and she is, thankfully, hard headed like her dad! :) She finally stopped vomiting around 11:30 last night, had a popsicle...



and some water and fell asleep around 12, still at the hospital. We got home about 12:30 and she even went to school today. She feels great, looks great, and runs around CRAZY! It's so good to have my little girl back. She's so sweet!

11 comments:

Kayleen said...

Poor baby! And poor you! I'm sure you were worried sick! I'm so glad she's okay. The joys of motherhood, right? ;)

Monica Mary said...

I'm so glad she's okay. She's so sweet in those pictures.

And yes, Jai-Dee is Dallas's coach. Who is your nephew?

Elise said...

Oh WOW! I'm so sorry, that isn't any fun, or funny, i'm glad she's okay today though, and come visit whenever you get bored okay! We even will give you the big bed ;) Love ya!

amberjill said...

Grandpa thinks she looks like our little Debbie in this picture.

Julie said...

Wow...I can't believe I didn't know...what a crappy sister I am. I am so sorry for Winni. I hope you are ok too, sometimes the drama is more for the mom. Sorry you guys had to go through that and I am so happy Winni is alright.

Missy said...

Oh my goodness, Amber! Poor Winni!! I'm so sorry for your little family, but I'm glad she's okay.

Jennifer Never said...

That is so sad! Glad she's ok. That is so scary when your kids go through somethig like that. I have to ask why all your pictures have a haze over them? Is your lens dirty or something? Get on that will ya! Love ya.

The Peterson 5 said...

Poor Winni...that's no fun!! I'm glad she is ok. After kids scare their parents like that, it's amazing how it makes you grateful they can act "wild" & "crazy" again!!

Micaela said...

How scary! I'm glad things are ok now, though!

youreprettytoo said...

i'm a crappy friend- if I had stopped talking for a minute today about my in-laws I guess I could have heard about your drama! Gald she is feeling better!

Tamra said...

I am amazed kids live through childhood. My 3 year old has never even had stiches, and the only bone he has broken is his nose, yet he is always falling and falling hard. They must have angles surrounding them.