Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Totally Jealous!!

So, in honor of the elections yesterday, I'm trying to "share the wealth!" In my motherly life I have an abundance. An abundance of what?? Let's call it an abundance of fun and adventure!! What is it that I'm sharing??? I'm guessing just a story, because I'm not sure anyone is going to want what I have to offer! :) It all started this morning.......

We woke up to a beautiful snow fall! The boys had Dr's appointments today so we were getting ready. Grady was tired so I put him down for a little early nap so we could survive our trip. Winni decided she wanted to come with us (otherwise she would have stayed with Grandma or played with a friend) and help me with Grady. Those were actually her words. She said, "Mom, I want to come to the Dr and help you with Grady!" She's growing up so fast. Anyway we had to wake Grady up after a really short, like 10 min, nap. Everything was going great. We made it through the snow to the office and only jumped in a few puddles along the way. As we are waiting for the Dr to come in I hear something that sounds like a water fall! hmmmmm...what could that be?? I check Grady, nope! It was Trae. I didn't know that he wasn't feeling well. I checked his diaper and as nasty as it sounded, it didn't look too bad. I decided his diaper would survive, since I had just changed him and didn't bring a diaper....ooops!! Anyway, Dr Wall comes in and starts checking out Grady. As I'm trying to tell him what a happy baby Grady is, he is screaming and crying cause he is still tired and now hungry! However, during this exchange with the Dr and Grady, Trae starts to realize his part in this whole thing. While Grady was there for his 9 mo check, Trae was there for what we now consider, the usual! He looked at Dr Wall, then at me and said, "get it out??" while pointing to his ear. He got the saddest look on his face and started crying. As soon as we were done with Grady it was Trae's turn. Dr Wall and Tina put him on the table and held him down, while I held a crying Grady and Trae's legs. As Dr Wall pulled a hair elastic out of Trae's ear Winni was playing by herself. Then, all of a sudden, THUMP!! She had fallen off of the Dr's swivel wheeled chair and landed on her back, resulting in hitting her head. As I consoled her screaming (I had 3 screaming kids at this point) she started throwing up! I reminded the Dr about what happened to her back in September. She stops throwing up and I get her all cleaned up. We decided to have another nurse come in and hold Grady, make sure Winni was OK, and allow me to help with Trae because the play dough I thought was in his right ear was actually in his left ear. So, I assume my position holding Trae's legs. While Dr Wall fishes out the Play Dough, I realized that his diaper wasn't able to hold the waterfall poop from earlier and his pants are soaked. Now, Winni is happy and gets an OK from Dr Wall. She threw up because she was crying so hard, no new concussion. Grady is naked and happy, but ready to go home and Trae is trying to open the door so we can get out of there before we decide to torture him again. Then the nurse walked in with the shots. Grady got his 2, calmed down quickly and was passed off to Winni to hold him, on the floor, while Trae became victim...again. After a quick flu shot and pink bandaid we pulled up his wet pants (as he pulled the bandaid off) and were out the door! Now we are home and the tired boys are asleep...and it's only noon!! So, please don't be jealous! I'm willing to share....

9 comments:

Rebecca said...

I don't know how you do it but I would suggest doing it differently. My goodness.

Love the background. I hope posting in the middle of the day doesn't mean you have given in to your addictions.

Missy said...

OK, that is crazy! You are really wonder woman, aren't you? I'm glad you reminded me though, I really need to get Sam in for a flu shot.

Melinda said...

Thanks for sharing! My day was quite boring.

Natalie said...

Wow. That sounds like a pretty happening morning! I hope you survive! :)

Julie said...

You make me feel exhausted...have you recovered?

Kamille said...

Oh my. You are one amazing woman.

youreprettytoo said...

I think I need to go have a diet coke and some ibuprofen after that story. But don't worry- these are the best years of your life ;)

Micaela said...

ROFL!! I love how you describe it so well I feel like I was there. Of course, if I was there, I probably wouldn't be laughing... ;) Man, so sorry. Doesn't it always seem that it's either all or nothing when it comes to craziness with our kids?

PetersonFam said...

Holy COW AMBER...how do you survive? that made me completly exhausted...I need a nap!
Next time...work it out that you only have 1 child at the DR at a time...I bet that would simplify things a bit!
Trae...STILL putting things in his ears??? What are we going to do with that little stinker!!!!
Too funny Amber! ....hope you are putting off any more babies for a while! hahahahaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!