Thursday, November 27, 2008

Turkey Coma

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day. We started with pies for breakfast at my mom's. I have a hard time with this tradition. It sounds great, but then I don't want pie later, or I do and I end up eating too much pie for one day! But, I guess that is what Thanksgiving is all about, right?!? OK, maybe just kind of what it's about. So, for breakfast I made Decadent French Toast, which might as well be a pie. I think it is soooo good and I get angry when people don't eat it right. I'm learning to let go....Anyway, while at breakfast we decided to go and see Twilight, again! It was the 1st time for 4 out of the 7 of us. It was a good excuse to go, so I went along. I actually liked it better the 2nd time, which doesn't usually happen for me. I really love that movie. I know it's corny, cheesy, bad make up and all that stuff, but when a book you read comes to life, it's just awesome! So, I still love it! While we, the ladies, were at the movie the men and children were mostly at my house playing Rock Band! Such a fun game. (Why did we get to play Rock Band?? Well, such another post, but since it was purchased for Christmas, and we "always" open our presents on Christmas Eve, Walter figured Thanksgiving Eve was close enough!) Then we had a FANTASTIC dinner at my mom's. It was fun to see those who could come! We missed Dan's and Mark's families, but somehow we still filled the house quite full! We all stayed and played and enjoyed our time together. I am now EXHAUSTED!

However, I did want to share one picture. This last time Walter was out of town I let the kids watch a movie and they fell asleep on the couch. So, this picture serves as a reminder that after all the running, screaming, and pulling my hair out, they seem so innocent, wonderful and amazing once they fall asleep!

Love these crazy kids!

1 comments:

Erin said...

Gotta love times like that!