Sunday, February 24, 2008


I have a weakness, a flaw, a drawback....I love chocolate and sweets. OK, that's not so much the flaw. It's the combination of my love for all things sweet and the fact that there are sweet things in my house. I tend to buy or make a lot of sweet, sugary things, which is fine and dandy. However, I don't so much share these sweets. I give my kids a few and then they forget the cookies are there, while I continue to eat them. My biggest problem lies in my desire to get these things out of my house. I can't just throw them away, or give them away, or save them for another day. No!! In my head, they must be gone and the best way to get rid of them is for ME to eat them as soon as possible. My reasoning is that because tomorrow I'm going to eat healthier so A. I better get the junk in while I'm not eating healthy and B. I better get these out of my house. I'm sure I'd have a lot more help with my girl scout cookie stash or the chocolate donuts that the neighbor brought me yesterday, if only I didn't hide them from everyone, saving them for myself. I make my kids eat broccoli and finish their chicken before they get a treat, but I better finish my treat before I start on the broccoli and chicken. Is there hope for me?? Please help me!! The stash of thin mints in my nightstand is dwindling, but so is my ability to ever fit into my pre-pregnancy pants!! Has anybody else been cursed with this sweet tooth?? My name is Amber and I'm a closet candy eater!!

6 comments:

The Petersons said...

I was told that chocolate made a fussy baby so I didn't eat it for a long time. Try that.

Julie said...

hmmmmm..you are a Peterson. You really have no hope.

The Peterson 5 said...

Don't feel guilty ENJOY it!! You just had a baby you deserve it! I remember after I had Tyler we would go to Lone Star & I'd order a bowl of soup & then the big brownie sundae. The waiter brought it back with like 4 spoons, but it wasn't to share...I enjoyed every bite to myself!! It was weird, but I do wonder if the cravings have something to do with just having a baby. I decided I needed it for the energy since my baby didn't sleep too good! By the way I can't wait to meet Grady, but my kids have had colds, coughs & ear infections...so hopefully we will be over soon.

Elise said...

Wow amber, that was quite the confession.... Good luck!

Rebecca said...

I'm so proud of your confession. Mostly because it takes guts and because I am just like that. It is so frustrating and yet tastes so good. If you feel that "rumbly in your tumbly" the way Winnie the Pooh does before the honey all disappears let me know and we will try and talk you through it. ;). If I was closer I might help by eating some of it for you but maybe together we can make some wise choices with our addictions.

Unknown said...

Julie's right, it's the Peterson thing. And hiding the sweets, well that's because there were 6 kids in your Peterson family. I would never throw a way a sweet thing, and I'd definately hide it. And the kids better eat their broccoli and green beans before they get a treat. --mystery blogger