Friday, February 1, 2008

I have yet to post about the passing of our wonderful Prophet, Gordon B Hinckley. I wasn't sure what I wanted to put on my blog about him. I loved what other people have put on their blogs. I found this slideshow on Sally's blog and it definitely said it all for me. He was an amazing Man of God who pushed us all to do a little better. He was a true missionary, even at 97. He truly loved his wife and their love is an example to all of us. For those in my family who didn't know him, please understand that, as with Joseph Smith, we don't worship him. But we do love and adore him! We honor him for the man he is, the leader he was, and the legacy of love and faithfulness he has left behind. I know I am a better person, a more faithful Christian, and a more determined Latter-Day Saint because of him and the things he taught. Thank you for watching this slideshow, if not just to learn more about us, your family, but to better understand that our differences in religion are not that different.

1 comments:

Rebecca said...

That was wonderful. I have watched several of the u tube clips but that one is the best yet. Thanks for including it here. I am so grateful for living prophets to guide us each day in the Lord's way.