Friday, February 29, 2008

Well, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to have Leap Day on my blog! Who knows what I'll be into in 4 years...so, today we blog! For my household, today will go down in history as the day Winni finally pooped on the potty! woo hoo!! In honor of Winni and potty training, I am blogging about the things I've learned in the last 1 1/2 weeks about potty training.

+ Potty training is 20% child ready to learn and 80% mom sick of diapers.

+ Having to do laundry at least everyday due to accidents can be very therapeutic!

+ You can never have enough Dora panties!

+ Everybody HAS to know we are potty training....whether I tell them or "somebody else" tells them!

+ If you must take your shoes off to go potty, no matter how pretty they are, Trae will steal them and make them his own.

+ Girls need to work on aim, too!

and finally...

+ Even though Daddy would change your diapers last week, he certainly won't help you wipe now that you are using the potty. However, if you promise to always ask Mommy for help, he'll buy you anything you want!!

3 comments:

Kamille said...

Hey girl. Way to tackle it. I have to tell you I have so much awe from what you are doing now. I don't know how you keep you sanity and a sense of humor. You're an inspiration to me.

youreprettytoo said...

Here is a list of what Amber has accomplished since having her 3rd child in 3 years:
* attended cooking club
* potty-trained her 3 yr old
* blogged several times
* healed her foot
* continue to make dinner every night for a crowd
Here is what Kari has accomplished since Amber has had her 3rd child in 3 years:
*attended cooking club
Oh and I just found out you are my new visiting teacher. Just so you know I am expecting great things! :) I think we should go out to lunch for our vting like Julie does!

chang'e said...

Yay! Potty training!

I never thought Jada would potty train...I am pretty sure for me it was a 10/90 split...

at one point Jada stamped her foot and declared "I am gonna pee in my pants forever! I am not going to use the potty!

congrats on your poop victory! it's a long and arduous road you travel...but now you have one less in diapers!

Yay!