Monday, July 20, 2009

A day without pictures!

I didn't even pull my camera out today! I didn't want to! Granted, the scenery was beautiful! But I think that after 9 hours of driving through it, it's pretty much burnt into my mind!

We are heading back to the MD! And the daddy! yeah! Today we drove 9 hours to somewhere in NC. My kids did great! We stopped to go potty and they were ready to get back in the car to finish our goal for the day. We made it here by 4:30! woo hoo! I rewarded my kids with some swimming time. When I say swimming, I don't mean beautiful beaches, sunny weather, and sand. I mean, NC swimming time. Which, for us, is during a thunderstorm. So, it was cut short. Instead, I rewarded them with bathing the dog in the hotel bathroom. You know I won't do that in my new house, but since Malachi's stay cost me $50, I figured I'd get my 'washington's worth!' And I did, there is dog hair EVERYWHERE! Oh well, at least we had fun! :)

1 comments:

youreprettytoo said...

You are one amazing woman to travel all over the south in the heat and humidity with 3 and 1/2 kids. I'm so glad you are heading back to MD. (Notice I didn't say "home"- cause that is in Utah.) I think it finally hit me about 6 weeks after you left that you are really gone. I said to Julie last week, "I'm really mad Amber left."