Thursday, July 2, 2009

The Beach!!

My kids are convinced that anything with water and sand is the beach! So, today we went to the beach!

 
Posted by Picasa


We headed out about 45 minutes away from home base to Lake Hartwell. It was so nice to be in fresh water, as opposed to salt water! My sister in law Mandy and my niece Abbie came with us. They also brought along their cousin Bridget, who turned out to be a huge help! Bridget is like a Gwen. She is about 10 years old and LOVES to help with the kids! So, she swam and would bring Winni in when she got too far out. Except for the time Winni got too far out and the current pulled her further along the beach. Bridget wasn't going to get there in time so Mandy swam out and saved my little girl! She had on her life jacket and a float ring, but she was a little scared! Trae didn't swim much but he did enjoy sitting in the water and he played in the sand a little too! Grady didn't love it! He isn't used to wearing a life jacket and doesn't see a need for it. All it did was interfere with his ability to bend over and pick up rocks! But, we all survived and had a fun afternoon! This is the lake that we were going to live by if Walter had gone with the job in Lavonia! While I'm happy and grateful for the job in MD, this would have been a fun place to water ski! Although, it has been 5 years since I've been water-skiing! Maybe one of these summers I won't be pregnant! I'll be sure to make friends with someone who has a boat that year!!

0 comments: